Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:45 PM

Re: Animals and their uses

Originally Posted by Judd ->
does she have a cervix?
Nope, she gave up her membership of the Dyslexic Christianity Church a while ago
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:47 PM

If you follow the OPs train of thought, don't plants live? after all they grow and mature. Should we not pick flowers? they grow a well. What about vegetables they grow so must also be living.

if we diidn't use any of these we would not be here
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
As I wrote previously I think she's cute!
Say what?
You’ve seen her?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 08:37 AM

Oh troll off
Try doing good works you might get the attention you crave .
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

02-08-2020, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh troll off
Try doing good works you might get the attention you crave .
And what good works have you done in your life one wonders?

I don't crave attention, that is for sure.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
It is sad so many people on this forum appear to be suffering from dementia!
Nowt wrong with dementia babe!

Here's two things from the get-go.

You get to hide your own Easter eggs

You meet new people every day

You get to hide your own Easter eggs
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 10:49 AM

It's a bit odd that the op doesn't seem williing to engage in any rational debate, or respond to comments which might contradict her assertions.

Ho hum.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
And what good works have you done in your life one wonders?

I don't crave attention, that is for sure.
And you will keep wondering less it limits my reward in the hereafter as the Buddhists maintain
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 11:20 AM

The strangest thing - to me anyway - is that someone who claims fora are a waste of time and the people who participate in them are all sad and friendless - should spend so much time in here!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 11:23 AM

I, for one, have no problem consuming animal meat nor using the hides of animals. To me, being forced to become a vegetarian, would be a fate worse than death. I, personally, consume aprox 7 kilos of meat each month.

For at least the last 6 million years, the ancestors of human have eaten meat and used their furs and hides as protection from the elements. We can go back millions of years and we find overwhelming evidence that our ancestors used stone tools to butcher animals. According to Jane Goodall, even our closest relatives, the chimpanzees, catch, kill and eat monkeys. It has been said that the high calorie protein from meat, is what sparked the human brain into growing to its present day size.

That being said, I have zero interest in hunting. To me, hunting is not a sport. What sport is there in killing an animal with a high-powered rifle and a telescopic sight ? If I was seriously hungry, however, I'd do so, in a heartbeat.

I do definitely draw the line at using any part of an endangered species.

As far as using living animals goes, I have absolutely no problem using animals for riding (horses, donkeys, elephants etc) or in using animals as labor saving tools; Bullocks as beasts of burden in pulling a plow or Huskies in pulling a sled. In fact Huskies truly love to pull sleds. They are extremely excited and happy when it is time to go to work.

There, I've put my 2 cents worth in. Don't expect me to defend my position.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top