Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 03:36 PM

Re: Black films and dramas

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've just googled ...

there's a thing called BBC UK Black https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p056flsw

and BBC Asian Network https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/li..._asian_network

but I think that's radio only.
I know there are about 40 Asian or Muslim channels on Sky.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Don't watch 'em then! Simples! Plenty of other things to watch.
They've waited centuries to tell their stories, let them. It may embarrass us whites, but we may learn something.

I lived in SA when there was still apartheid, it was hideous, they did have programs on tv with black casts. They were very good from what I saw. Perhaps they helped in some small way to make things better.
I don't watch them Tess but avoiding them is getting more difficult as they all jump on the bandwagon. I have nothing to feel embarrassed about as I have never owned a slave.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oooh - you can be shot for watching that!
Not to mention the fact that there weren't any blacks in it, so completely off topic.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Not to mention the fact that there weren't any blacks in it, so completely off topic.
well spotted.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 09:45 PM

I never noticed black people before BLM, to me they were just people. But I've started noticing black people all over the place. Every advert has the customary black person, they would be classed as being racist without one. They are far more represented on TV than their numbers in the population would suggest.

1.85 million
The 2011 census found that 1.85 million of a total Black population of 1.9 million lived in England, with 1.09 million of those in London, where they made up 13.3 per cent of the population, compared to 3.5 per cent of England's population and 3 per cent of the UK's population.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I never noticed black people before BLM, to me they were just people. But I've started noticing black people all over the place. Every advert has the customary black person, they would be classed as being racist without one. They are far more represented on TV than their numbers in the population would suggest.

1.85 million
The 2011 census found that 1.85 million of a total Black population of 1.9 million lived in England, with 1.09 million of those in London, where they made up 13.3 per cent of the population, compared to 3.5 per cent of England's population and 3 per cent of the UK's population.
Blm has done nothing for race relations except cause divide.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-08-2020, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Blm has done nothing for race relations except cause divide.
I agree and all have stupidly followed like sheep.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-08-2020, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

1.85 million

I agree with you OGF.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 04:49 PM

It's called Equal Opportunities . Every soap , every drama for instance must nave at least one actor of other than white skin .
As for black actors in films what about Denzel Washington ? Excellent action films for men to watch starring him . https://www.biography.com/actor/denzel-washington
Then there's our own Luther on tv aka Idris Elba.
Male and female black actors in BBC's Line Of Duty .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 05:02 PM

I don't know about black films and dramas or the figure of 3% of the population are black ..
I used to like boxing but got fed up as there was such little white man representation. .. I thought that was a little unfair meself, all those blacks.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top