Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 11:33 PM

Re: Close-ups

Wow! That wasp was amazing - scary - but amazing! I never knew they were so hairy. How fantastic to be able to magnify to that extent!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:06 AM

Like the grans of sand Mart.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:37 AM

Wow! Excellent Mart!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some close ups were too gruesome to post Longdogs.....
I can only imagine Foxy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It's one of these Gasman, except I manged to find one that had an even higher magnification at 1600x. Not sure that is necessary though. It took weeks to come from China.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microscope-.../dp/B074N3PR9P
That is ridiculously cheap for what looks like a good bit of kit. I am always wary of ordering anything from China but obviously you did well.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 10:46 AM

Same here Mart. Got mine from 'Maplins' so no longer in business....I was in mourning for three days and sat in a darkened room with the curtains closed and a bottle of 'Jack Daniels' by my side when they went bust......

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:19 AM

When you have one of these things, thoughts turn to what can be photographed. I thought of the end of a ballpoint pen, so here it is. The focus adjustment on the camera is manual and a bit clunky but persistence works. Also, at this magnification, there is no depth of field at all.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here Mart. Got mine from 'Maplins' so no longer in business....I was in mourning for three days and sat in a darkened room with the curtains closed and a bottle of 'Jack Daniels' by my side when they went bust......
I wonder it your driver/software disk might install in a compatibility mode. Open the disk to view the files and find the .exe. Right click on it and choose 'troubleshoot compatibility'. It might work.

The disk I got with this camera didn't work and I had to go to the manufacturer's site to download the software. The site URL was given in a tiny leaflet. Almost needed the camera to see it. If you still have a leaflet for your camera, have a look to see if there is a website you can visit.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Thanks for that Mart, I'll have a look. The ball point pen is awesome!......
I know what you mean about the focus....
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:20 PM

I have got to get one of them. Sounds like fun and could find interesting thing to photo. I notice that it seems it could connect to an iPad or iPhone.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I have got to get one of them. Sounds like fun and could find interesting thing to photo. I notice that it seems it could connect to an iPad or iPhone.
I read it does but I haven't tried it. The software is pretty basic and doesn't always find the camera when it's first opened. A bit of playing around is sometimes needed for the software to operate properly.

Also, although the default opening resolution is 1920 x 1080, pictures look far better if a lower resolution is chosen (makes the photo smaller). The ones shown here were taken at 640 x 480, plenty big enough for forum display.

If willing to accept these imperfections, the camera is very good for the money and does the job as shown.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top