Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:11 AM

Why Are Some People Obsessed With The Weather?

I never listen or watch weather forecasts, l take the weather as it comes, as it is out of our hands.

Ok, l understand if you live in an area that floods as that must be a nightmare.

It’s just that some people moan if it’s too hot, too cold, if it snows or there are a few days of showers.
I don’t think we do so badly. Imagine, living in areas of extreme weather conditions.

So tell me, why are some so obsessed with the weather?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:24 AM

Re: Why Are Some People Obsessed With The Weather?

I like to know what the weather is going to do. It can influence what I plan to do for the day, especially any outside trips or jobs.

I rarely moan about the weather unless rain keeps me indoors for days.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:32 AM

Like you Art i leave it to the weather . Im not bothered what it does really.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:36 AM

More a question of wether you want to know about the weather
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So tell me, why are some so obsessed with the weather?
Count me out on this one. It's purely coincidence that I keep a cow in the garden under my pine cone tree, next to my wind sock to see if the wind is out of the East
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:08 AM

Thanks to C19 and lock down I don't suppose it matters much - but - in the normal scheme of things, as Mart said, it can effect plans. I am not obsessive about it - just check it in the mornings and format contingency plans accordingly.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:11 AM

I love to know what weather we are having, so I look at the forecasts every day, watch them on local TV BBC too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:38 AM

It's turned out nice again.

Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:01 PM

I am obsessed with the weather. I like to watch the clouds forming and seeing different patterns. I also watch the weather forecast on TV BBC of course. And shout at the screen and tell it that they should look out of the window as they have got it wrong again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:05 PM

As a gardener the weather forecast is important to know and I move pots/cover plants/uncover plants/water/don't water accordingly.

I also like to gauge the right time to walk Chloe so I don't get unavoidably soaked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top