Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:16 PM

Re: Why Are Some People Obsessed With The Weather?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
As a gardener the weather forecast is important to know and I move pots/cover plants/uncover plants/water/don't water accordingly.

I also like to gauge the right time to walk Chloe so I don't get unavoidably soaked.
Me too Meg, I'm wanting to move plants into the shade for replanting elsewhere in Autumn. The ground is so dry and hard so hoping for rain. Thunderstorms didn't arrive as expected.

I love walking in the rain, Dolly doesn't so much though, but we still go out even in heavy rain. It's quite an adventure! Plays havoc with arthritis unfortunately
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Me too Meg, I'm wanting to move plants into the shade for replanting elsewhere in Autumn. The ground is so dry and hard so hoping for rain. Thunderstorms didn't arrive as expected.

I love walking in the rain, Dolly doesn't so much though, but we still go out even in heavy rain. It's quite an adventure! Plays havoc with arthritis unfortunately
Hi Tessa I like walking in the rain too but prefer to be dressed for the occasion rather than to do my round rat immitation , Chloe isn't keen on rain .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 02:16 PM

Taking note of the weather forecast certainly has its advantages. If it rains on a day out enough to spoil it, it would have been nice to have known about that in advance. Especially if the day after was forecast to be nice and you'd had the choice of going on that day instead.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
As a gardener the weather forecast is important to know and I move pots/cover plants/uncover plants/water/don't water accordingly.

I also like to gauge the right time to walk Chloe so I don't get unavoidably soaked.

I agree with this. I am also a gardener.

At the moment I have had to move some potted plants in as they are getting scorched by this heat.

In winter I need to know whether to use frost protection on certain plants. I'd hate them to die just because of my negligence.

I always feel so sorry for animals in the fields - horses etc, who are left there by thoughtless humans, and haven't so much as a tree to stand under in this heat, or even worse, those that are tethered like some gypsy ponies.

I was once married to a farmer, and much of their livelihood depends on the weather, so to some people, Yes, it is important.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 02:27 PM

Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot
Whatever the weather
We'll weather the weather
Whether we like it or not.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 04:07 PM

They got it wrong today that's for sure. Meant to rain and storms and so far it has been the best day this year. That's what I love talking about, how they get it wrong.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 04:15 PM

They said we could have storms too, but they didn't pin point them. Nowt here & it's far too hot again, I'd welcome a nice soaking.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
They said we could have storms too, but they didn't pin point them. Nowt here & it's far too hot again, I'd welcome a nice soaking.
I'll be round in half an hour...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 04:59 PM

I like to follow the weather and know if I’ll be safe hanging out the washing that day. Also planning jobs to do in the garden.

Many more reasons too
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 05:37 PM

Didn’t we (the Brits) invent the weather?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top