Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 02:37 PM

Re: Nra

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Different Countries, different problems, different rules.

Assault Weapons have no other use than to kill people, so no need for them to be legal or available for sale.

The availability of weapons is a big problem, in my job in the USA, I would have been routinely armed, not so here in the UK.

Absolutely no need for it.

I have never carried or used a hand gun in public here in the UK.

They are only ever used by none Police or Military to dispatch an injured animal under certain conditions, they are otherwise illegal.

Long guns, single load, are permitted if you have a Certificate and a need to use them.

You are not permitted to carry them or use them in a Public Place without a Home Office Certificate.

Slaughterhouses, Race Courses are permitted them to put an animal out of pain.

They are also permitted in Rabies Control Areas, like Docks.

Illegal use of Firearms is very rare here in the UK and in the vast majority of cases it is in what we call, scum on scum, they are doing us a favour.
Illegal use of firearms rare in the UK?

Err, no.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No-one should have been. He was warned - and ran. 100% his fault.

In any case he wasn't completely innocent. He was in our country illegally.

WRONG! He was not warned. The original IPC report established that he did not run or leap a barrier and was sitting in his seat when he was attacked.

The December 2008 inquest into his death returned an open verdict but it established that no warning was given.

He entered the country from Ireland and was shot within the three month period from entry so was quite legally in the country.

Anything else you want to get wrong?
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We have knife crime.
You know you have a point, but did you ever hear the old saying, "You don't bring a knife to a gunfight".

No comparison between the two. I'm a really old man and if I approached someone with a knife, they'd probably wrestle it away, slit my belt and leave me standing with my pants around my ankle (or maybe worse).

With a handgun and a high capacity magazine I could stitch that same guy from head to foot, before he could cross the street. Big difference.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 08:36 AM

America is used to guns and the violence. The strict rules in UK prevent the same carnage for which most are thankful for.

Have suspicion that some in UK would agree with the right to bear arms.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
You know you have a point, but did you ever hear the old saying, "You don't bring a knife to a gunfight".

No comparison between the two. I'm a really old man and if I approached someone with a knife, they'd probably wrestle it away, slit my belt and leave me standing with my pants around my ankle (or maybe worse).

With a handgun and a high capacity magazine I could stitch that same guy from head to foot, before he could cross the street. Big difference.
Yes, but there are far more firearms homicides rates in USA than in almost every other countries in in the world.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top