Join for free
Page 40 of 50 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 12:58 PM

Re: Covid new strain.

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Yes.
You.
Just a few posts above mine earlier.
I think Annie meant the process of queueing at the GPs surgery etc
caused him to contract covid Zaph, not that the flu jab actually did
the trick??

Donkeyman! 😀😀
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
caused him to contract covid
Zaph, not that the flu jab actually did
the trick??

Donkeyman! 😀😀

I understood it the same as you Donkeyman.
Annie said they were queuing too close together.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I see you missed the tongue in cheek status of that comment....
We ALL missed any indication of what you allege.
As such it looks like you were attempting to deceive.
It's easy to make your intentions clear (there are emojii's for example) yet you spectacularly failed to do so.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
caused him to contract covid Zaph, not that the flu jab actually did
the trick??

Donkeyman! 😀😀
Fair enough but that isn't what she said, and even that would be wrong to state with such absolute certainty.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 02:05 PM

A swift read through, of this Topic (if a swift read through is possible) tells me that there are, really, only two arguments (hypotheses?) being repeated, over & over.

1) The Racist argument which suggests that some are attacking immigrants, many of whom are seeking safety from persecution back in their own Country.

2) The opposite argument which is based on the possibility of travellers picking up the virus, where they started, or on the way, and bringing the virus to the UK.

IMO, the best approach would be to "Eliminate the impossible" (as said by Sherlock) and buy into the fact that all we have left is the "Improbable".

So, again, IMO, what we should be doing is putting in place a solid system of checking all who enter the UK.

This is already happening in Airports, Ferry terminals,(I think) but, surely, we cannot dismiss the need to find and check the "illegals" as those people, however personally innocent they may be, must be vulnerable and so capable of bringing in and passing on the disease.

No ifs, no buts, they must be found, tracked & checked!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
1) The Racist argument which suggests that some are attacking immigrants, many of whom are seeking safety from persecution back in their own Country.
Is it racist to criticise immigrants coming to this country illegally from a safe country (eg, France)?

I think we probably have quite widely different definitions of 'racism'.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:45 PM

Fair enough but that isn't what she said, and even that would be wrong to state with such absolute certainty.
I think that the worst Annie can be accused of then Zaph is not
wording her post more clearly??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:50 PM

We ALL missed any indication of what you allege.
As such it looks like you were attempting to deceive.
It's easy to make your intentions clear (there are emojii's for example) yet you spectacularly failed to do so.

(I think you are in need a bit of the above!)
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:51 PM

Hi

I is having an effect locally, rates up 130% today.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well after hearing some stories about a couple of people I know it has made me very worried about going out at all. A friend who is extremely careful because of her disabled child contracted covid despite wearing all the PPE and just because she bought one take away coffee. She hasn't been visiting friends or hanging out in a crowd. There was a similar story about a friend of a friend who again contracted it after hardly any contact yet they have the new strain. This was after going to have a flu shot at the GPs. A 2 minute in-out job and the only possible source of contact.

So be careful out there. This is why the NHS is straining. A lot of the staff are getting sick too so that is adding to the strain. I've been seeing ambulances everywhere including a lot of private ones. I guess the NHS ones are full of patients that cannot get in the door. This new strain is extremely contagious. There must be an awful lot going on behind the scenes which we are not hearing about because it's being drowned out by the other headlines.
Annie, I agree that the new strain is extremely contagious.
My daughter who lives in London and has recovered from the Covid virus, was so careful and was always lecturing me on going out to the shops but then she got it!
I have heard of someone who has stayed in during both lockdowns and has their food delivered by a supermarket, yet they’ve caught it.

My daughter who is a primary school teacher in Brighton is feeling really frightened to return to school next week in case she gets it.

Page 40 of 50 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top