Join for free
Page 37 of 48 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 07:05 PM

Re: Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
One of many for the video. Transcript includes annotations, so you may prefer the one below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...jan-6-capitol/

One of many video and transcript:

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...ript-january-6

Where does it say that he is infighting violence and insurgency though and rioting ? It says nothing of the sort.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 07:11 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...jan-6-capitol/

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have worked with the Americans for many years.

I find the Republican/Democrat system weird.

They are fierce supporters of Democracy and they will sort Trump.

They will simply not allow a coup to take place.

They are fiercly defensive of the voting system.

I have never understood their fixations on guns, in the same way that they have never understood our security people not carrying guns routinely.

When push comes to shove they always do the right thing and Trump and CO will get sorted
Speaking for myself, you have a good general understanding of of our ideology, but more, these our our responsibilities to uphold as citizens.

While we, nor can any nation, prevent a coup attempt, you are correct that we will not allow one to succeed.

While I agree with your observations (spot on IMHO), I think the media inflates the "fixation" of guns by the majority of Americans. (Sometimes I wish we were more concerned, given the devastating civilian shooting incidents that have occurred here in recent years.)

The right to own guns and the gun culture are different concepts/issues that are too often presented as one and the same. As you might guess, I am a support of the former (with reasonable and stringent exceptions), but I am not a fan of the latter. Using a gun, like war, are necessary evils - but there is nothing "cool" about either. One can own a gun without being a nut about it, and some who are deeply-seeded in the gun culture are not permitted to own one.

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Calm and cogent, but not sincere. His speech writer did well, let's hope the inauguration goes ahead without incident.
None of us know whether he was sincere or not (though there is nothing wrong with questioning that sincerity, and many of us are) the only thing that matters is that the Peaceful Transition of Power without further incident. Thanks for the good wishes, C.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Where does it say that he is infighting violence and insurgency though and rioting ? It says nothing of the sort.
If you are asking me, I have not stated any of the above. If you are asking the House of Representatives per the working of the Articles of Impeachment - a very valid question - then you would need to contact the Representatives who called for the resolution (and listed at the top of the resolution) for the specifics. General support are stated within Articles of Impeachment, so I refer you to those.

Rather than asking me or the forum, I suggest that you Read the Articles of Impeachment in their entirety, do your own research.

Edited. I came back, Bread, because in mistakenly thinking you were a US citizen. I deleted information as to how to contact "your Senators". However, being a citizen elsewhere, doesn't preclude you from contacting the House of Representatives to make inquiries.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 07:38 PM

Trump and his admin have been stitched up.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

14-01-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Trump and his admin have been stitched up.
Possibly, which is why I really think the nation needs to demand that investigations and a trial move forward so Trump has his literal day in court.

As I mentioned above, I also want the Representatives who signed the resolution to be present at the Senatorial hearings - even if they have lost their seats - so the President is given the right to face his accusers.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

14-01-2021, 07:51 PM

I should add that Americans and the world need to be careful in discerning the that actions of the people present at the Capitol and the actions of the President are treated as separate legal actions. Overlap has yet to be proven, even by Congress.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
If you are asking me, I have not stated any of the above. If you are asking the House of Representatives per the working of the Articles of Impeachment - a very valid question - then you would need to contact the Representatives who called for the resolution (and listed at the top of the resolution) for the specifics. General support are stated within Articles of Impeachment, so I refer you to those.

Rather than asking me or the forum, I suggest that you Read the Articles of Impeachment in their entirety, do your own research.

Edited. I came back, Bread, because in mistakenly thinking you were a US citizen. I deleted information as to how to contact "your Senators". However, being a citizen elsewhere, doesn't preclude you from contacting the House of Representatives to make inquiries.

I've done my own research and the whole thing about trump calling for insurgence is a pack of lies. Nobody can tell me where he said it.

Just bear in mind this will be the second time that the Democrats have tried impeachment which has failed to remove Trump from office.

I asked where the proof was and twice you've given me links and twice they don't prove anything. Now your trying to deflect by telling me to do my own research .... brilliant !
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

14-01-2021, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I've done my own research and the whole thing about trump calling for insurgence is a pack of lies. Nobody can tell me where he said it.

Me: You haven't asked the accusers.

Just bear in mind this will be the second time that the Democrats have tried impeachment will have failed to remove Trump from office.

Me: I am not sure what your point is, but...

Of importance, I heard this same flawed logic of assuming a link between the two impeachments echoed many times by the Representatives during the debate preceding the vote:

Committing, or not committing a crime, has no inherent bearing on a second offense - or the accusation of one.If I am accused of stealing a ball, and later accused of speeding, whether or not I stole the ball is unrelated to the accusation of speeding.

There is no fire in the belly of Democrats via the House to remove the President from office before the inauguration, given that they adjourned without sending the resolution to the Senate before the end of the week. Legally, it would be a tough go in terms of due process.

I asked where the proof was and twice you've given me links and twice they don't prove anything. Now your trying to deflect by telling me to do my own research .... brilliant !

Me: I respect your opinion regarding proof, but, deflecting you by telling you to do your own research? Do you seriously trust my research over your own?

Besides, I have not suggested any determination of "proof" one way or the other. The only people with any legal clout to suggest proof, at this point, are the members of the House of Representatives who presented and signed the Articles of Impeachment. As they are the accusers, to find the elaboration you seek, you need to consult the resolution and the Representatives directly, so I am not sure why you are balking in that regard. I am not going to play the game the media plays of making my own determination of proof, as an individual, and presenting it to a larger group like OFF as fact. It would be irresponsible to do so.

I really am not trying to be difficult. In my opinion, it is premature to make a determination of guilt - in this extremely critical matter - until there is a proper investigation and trial that will give both sides an opportunity to flesh out the facts.

Here is the link to the contact information for the House of Representatives:

https://www.house.gov
We are undergoing one of the most momentous, deeply concerning events in our democracy, Bread, and it is simply too soon to draw conclusions. However, I appreciate your fervor and interest.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 09:19 PM

Trump stood firm against BAME and all the BLM garbage and lost. Or rather all civilised people have lost. Now they've tasted blood the ongoing war against savages the world over will have to be notched up.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

14-01-2021, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Trump stood firm against BAME and all the BLM garbage and lost. Or rather all civilised people have lost. Now they've tasted blood the ongoing war against savages the world over will have to be notched up.
Before I comment, would you elaborate as to whom you mean by "savages"? Thanks.

Page 37 of 48 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top