Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:56 PM

Tributes

Should a person lead tributes to another person they have never heard of?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:19 PM

Re: Tributes

Why, Spitty, had you someone in mind?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:34 PM

The tribute isn't for the one that leads it. It's for the person to whom the tribute is paid. I guess what matters is if the tribute is due and the person who it's for is known to many. Who cares who leads it. As long as it's paid. Example...police officers, firefighters, paramedics, soldiers etc who die on duty have tributes paid to them by political and community leaders who may have never heard of those individuals. My answer: yes. Why not?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:39 PM

I would agree with keezoy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
The tribute isn't for the one that leads it. It's for the person to whom the tribute is paid. I guess what matters is if the tribute is due and the person who it's for is known to many. Who cares who leads it. As long as it's paid. Example...police officers, firefighters, paramedics, soldiers etc who die on duty have tributes paid to them by political and community leaders who may have never heard of those individuals. My answer: yes. Why not?
I agree.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-01-2021, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I would agree with keezoy.
Me too - but am curious what prompted the question.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:10 AM

Tributing an institution or a representative of, is different to leading a tribute to an unknown person.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->

A tribute is to show respect or admiration, even if they are unknown to you, like giving eulogy at funeral.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A tribute to a just cause, yes, other than that ,no, each depends on the individual, for me, it would be, people laying their life down on the line for others , that deserves honour, even though I don’t know them, they are the only people imo who deserve tributes/ honour.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 11:36 AM

NHS, everyone in the field of laying their life on the line ,for others, deserve to the highest degree ,tributes and honour.

Those on the front line!!....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top