Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Meep
manchester uk
Meep is female 

16-02-2017, 01:20 AM

Re: Has anyone here had an MRI scan

Of course JBR, that must be the reason and I am very happy to be redirected to Spire
Meep
manchester uk
Meep is female 

16-02-2017, 10:24 AM

Clumsy, I did ring them and they have put my mind at ease re if my asthma makes my cough that day, she said I can have oxygen if I need it
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Meep ->
Clumsy, I did ring them and they have put my mind at ease re if my asthma makes my cough that day, she said I can have oxygen if I need it
That is good news Meep, you'll be feeling much more relaxed about the procedure now. I'm so glad you made that phone call.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 11:42 AM

If you cough, you cough. The worst that will happen is that they'll chop off your nose in punishment.

The more likely scenario, though, is that they'll tell you not to worry and begin the sequence again - not the whole scan of course!
Meep
manchester uk
Meep is female 

16-02-2017, 04:06 PM

JBR, you mean I will get a free nose job too, private health is good isn't it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 04:17 PM

JBR, you mean I will get a free nose job too, private health is good isn't it
Yes, of course. And while you're there you'll qualify for all sorts of free 'enhancements': breast enlargements, etc.

Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 07:29 PM

I've had a few MRI Scans, each time I was given headphones and music was supplied (I was given the option of taking my own CD) this helps to reduce the sounds which are a bit like roadworks

My coping strategy was to take deep breaths, relax, close my eyes throughout and be grateful that it was only an MRI scan, piece of cake when compared to some of the different tests and things you could be undergoing in a hospital.......

One last thing, some people don't realise the scanner has an opening at each end so, depending on your position you can see out

Good luck Meep
Meep
manchester uk
Meep is female 

16-02-2017, 08:36 PM

lol no ta JBR

Amber thanks for that, I am getting used to the idea of having the scan now
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 10:53 PM

Had a cat scan this morning - -probably a bit different. I did have the intravenous stuff and it does give you a warm flush. Then they run the part of you that they're interested in (in my case my heart and aorta), through the "donut hole" a few times and that's it. No music - - just the voice of the girl telling you when to hold your breath and (fortunately) when to breath again.

Good luck!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2017, 11:39 PM

I'm sure when I had one, a mirror was positioned above me, so I could see the nurses and technicians in the room behind.

There was also a scanner when I had something injected into me...............then there was the radio active stuff........

Just relax and think of ............ summer!

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top