Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 06:48 PM

Re: A hectic few days

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dear oh dear, a busy few days here. Friends and animals with health problems to think about and sort out.

My ex hubby, who I met when I was a kid of 16 and we've always stayed friends, has cancer, and I haven't been able to get him on the phone this week.
When we live alone, it is not always possible to get help quickly if we need it, so it worried me when he wasn't picking the phone up. All sorted now, and he's fine thank goodness.

Another dear friend of mine in Scotland has just had a mastectomy, so I phoned her to see if she's ok as well.

Another friend was at hospital yesterday having a cataract op, so I had to go and see to her dogs for her while she was away.
She has got 4, so with my lot as well, I had 9 dogs to look out for yesterday!
I also needed to get my weekly shop done, plus had a veterinary appointment with one of my lot to get to.

Then one of my dogs was poorly on Tuesday night. She jumped on my bed during the night and I could feel her shaking like a leaf. She was all of a tizz and couldn't settle, totally out of character. She felt hot to touch.
To cut a long story short, even though her temperature was normal in the morning, I noticed a huge red patch about 6" across spreading over her side, and she didn't look well in the face.
Made a quick veterinary appt. and by then her mouth was red inside, so were her ears, eyes and even her bum! I was afraid it was a chemical burn from the fields.
Vet thought it was an allergy to something and gave her a steroid injection and she calmed down quite quickly.
Had to take her back again next day for another, smaller dose as she still had small areas of red skin, but very much better.

I went out again last night and took some fish & chips down to my friend who'd just had the op, incase she didn't feel up to cooking.
I am driving her to the vets this afternoon as it's still less than 24 hrs since her eye op. She has a cat with cancer that needs a check up.

As if that is not all enough, I am still friend's with my son's ex girlfriend, I have known her for many years. She has been ill with worsening MS for a long time, but has now been whipped into hospital where they have just discovered she also has cancer as well. That poor girl. She is 47.
I need to try and get in to visit her as well.

Talk about everything coming at once. So if anyone did notice I haven't been around much for a few days, it is because I have had so much to do and am worn out making plans and trying to remember what's what.

There again, perhaps that was a bit presumptuous of me,
maybe no one noticed me posting a bit less even.
I wondered where you had gone to - what a busy bunny you are - and what a lovely caring person. I hope everyone is on the mend as much as they can be - including the poorly dog!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 07:18 PM

Crikey Mups, what a lot you have had to deal with!

Hope you manage to take care of your self too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Now that was a silly post Meg!... I am now considering who to send round to give you mouth to mouth resuscitation.
That's a thought Twink , you could send Mups she isn't busy at the moment

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Meg I have just put together a raised bed and the very same thought struck me!
Commiserations Muddy I hope you can still stand upright if not I am sure Mups will be available to give you a massage...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 07:44 PM

So sorry to hear you are having a hard time at the moment Mups. For some reason these things always happen at the same time. I hope your doggy is feeling better.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 09:52 PM

Thank you dear dongley, my little dog is much better thank you. Very strange that was. Thing is, unless I know what it was that did that to her, I don't know what to keep her away from. She just had 2 or 3 small patches left last night, and I put some of my Aloe Vera plant sap on them before bedtime, and they seem to have completely vanished today. Fingers crossed that's the end of it now, because I don't really want her to have any more steroids.

I took my friend to the vet with her poorly cat this afternoon, and she told me one of her fox's (she has a sanctuary) had just had a fit inspite of being on medication, so she was upset. Don't sound good to me, and she will be inconcolable if she loses it after all her TLC.

Dare I say . . . all nice and quiet tonight, so I thought I'd pop in here and see what's you're up to. I know how you can get led astray without me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 10:31 PM

Once again thanks very much for your support, I admit I was getting a bit tired and down in the dumps.

However, Mr. Nom and his sidekick Mr. Swimwear have proven to be of no help whatsoever in the circumstances. In fact, I can't imagine in what circumstances they would be of use.

I am in the process of looking at courses for these two disruptive young yobbo's in the art of ' Telling a Lady what she wants to hear,' closely followed closely by ' Creating a Loving Ambience" - parts 1 - 5.

They will not be allowed back out to play without evidence they have passed their exams with top grades.
I am afraid I have little hope of seeing them enter into marital bliss otherwise.

Meep
manchester uk
Meep is female 

18-02-2017, 12:43 AM

yes Mups, I missed you but just thought you will be busy, I never dreamt just how busy and now you have explained I don't know how you cope, what a dear friend you are to so many
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 01:07 AM

Gosh! Mups talk about it never rains but it pours! You have had a lot of stuff going on at the moment!
I hate it when animals are ill as they can't tell you how they feel and they never complain.
I think January and now February have been a bad time for many people. Every time l have seen friends when l'm out, l hear about this one and that one having cancer.
Recently, someone who l used to work with, rang me to say another ex colleague's daughter only in her early fifties had died of Motor Neurone Disease. She rang me again this week to say our other work colleague's daughter had died of a brain tumour, she was only 48.
What's happening? It's just so awful.....
I hope you're bearing up ok!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 01:45 AM

Hey Mups,

Hope you're ok and coping.
You take care of yourself and good luck with everything.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top