Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 12:18 PM

Re: A&E In Crisis

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I was listening to an item on the radio this morning, apparently some people attending A&E are not actually registered with a GP and go to hospital instead when they require heath care.
Yes I know several people who do that, two have been struck off for being abusive to the GP or staff, and the others cannot get onto a GP list having moved into the area due to lists being full or their health care being expensive (too fat or drug takers) so the GPs don't want them on their lists.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 01:25 PM

The health minister said this morning, that everything was going well and on target.
I have just read the metro, and the headlines say, Most A&E units fail to hit targets, you don't know who to believe do you.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 05:00 PM

You certainly don't know what to believe Wrinkly.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

05-06-2013, 04:14 AM

What you need if you can afford it are 'triage centres' attached to A&E - you cannot get to A&E without going through triage - there you will be assessed may have a plaster applied and either allowed through to A&E or told to go home and see your GP - seems to work quite well in WA?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
What you need if you can afford it are 'triage centres' attached to A&E - you cannot get to A&E without going through triage - there you will be assessed may have a plaster applied and either allowed through to A&E or told to go home and see your GP - seems to work quite well in WA?

We already have that matey - have done for many years in each and every A&E unit across the country.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 08:25 AM

I don't read newspapers but get all the news I need from LBC (speech radio).
Yesterday, there was mention of someone who took her child to A&E because she had dog poo on her shoe !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I don't read newspapers but get all the news I need from LBC (speech radio).
Yesterday, there was mention of someone who took her child to A&E because she had dog poo on her shoe !
What! I wouldn't have liked to be in her shoes (either way!) when she was told the purpose of A&E
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

05-06-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
We already have that matey - have done for many years in each and every A&E unit across the country.
oh really then not working heh?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 10:10 AM

It would seem so in parts of the country.

Not experienced A&E since the morning of Saturday 19th November 2011 and apart from the lengthy wait, things seemed to be OK
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 03:29 PM

Kind of...
Triage of all patients in A&E takes place but it seems that in many departments no staff are prepared to turn patients away. So all the triage does is prioritise them. If a patient has a trivial problem, they just wait longer.

Not sure how much this is due to fear of litigation and how much is due to the fact that if all attenders are booked through the system they get more money/higher numbers are put through the books. I have come across the practice of A&E booking patients in, triaging them, and then getting them seen by the out of hours GP - a practical solution in some ways, but of course the patient is still counted as being an A&E patient so keeps the numbers up...

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top