Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Re: Visa for sex workers?

It applies anywhere if it's legal it can be controlled more. But where do you put the houses, would you want one as your neighbour?? Some put them in business parks.Whether they should get any special treatment to get a visa don't know.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 08:53 PM

What I would like to know is how they would define "skilled"
And who would define a skill in the sex industry?

As far as I can see, a skilled worker needs to be taught their trade and need to hone the skill over time. Who oversees their training and who decides what rate of pay they earn for their level of skill. It's a nonesense to me.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
What I would like to know is how they would define "skilled"
And who would define a skill in the sex industry?

As far as I can see, a skilled worker needs to be taught their trade and need to hone the skill over time. Who oversees their training and who decides what rate of pay they earn for their level of skill. It's a nonesense to me.
Good point - when I was doing my teacher training, I had assessors sitting in and observing my teaching methods; not sure I'd like to assess a sex worker's ability
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Good point - when I was doing my teacher training, I had assessors sitting in and observing my teaching methods; not sure I'd like to assess a sex worker's ability

How about an apprenticeship scheme???
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How about an apprenticeship scheme???
Government sponsored?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Government sponsored?

Of course - and 'Nationalised' to boot. That way they will be 'civil servants' entitled to a civil service pension!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2013, 01:22 PM

I can hear the coffers ringing Uncle Joe with all that extra tax!
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 01:40 PM

I once read that the Beatles' song "Ticket to ride" referred to the 'Girls' in Hamburg requiring a certificate of health before they could practice their trade.

Unlike the Red light district of Amsterdam (which is a bit sanitised and touristy), The Reeperbahn area in Hamburg is a fascinating mix of sleaze and high class theatres, bars etc..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-06-2013, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I once read that the Beatles' song "Ticket to ride" referred to the 'Girls' in Hamburg requiring a certificate of health before they could practice their trade.

Unlike the Red light district of Amsterdam (which is a bit sanitised and touristy), The Reeperbahn area in Hamburg is a fascinating mix of sleaze and high class theatres, bars etc..
As ex-Merchant Navy - I knew it well!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I didn't know that! I shall never view that song the same again I thought it was all about a broken heart cos she was leaving him

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top