Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 02:29 PM

Re: Are you a crier?

I haven't had reason to for a long time now but I used to cry when I got angry and then I'd feel silly for crying as it made me look like a 'wuss' so that'd make me even angrier and the angrier I got the more I'd snivel, used to hate myself and be wound up for hours but thankfully I really don't care enough to get angry anymore as I know I can't change the stuff that makes me mad so just try and think of other things, does that make sense?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 02:44 PM

..another blubber here
..even reading this thread may start me off ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 02:50 PM

The last time I cried was last December when my 12 year old granddaughter sang a solo in the church at her school's Christmas Music Concert ..... I felt immensely proud of her.

I also cried at the birth of my grandchildren, at the death of my parents and when I have lost a dearly loved pet.

I don't think there is anything wrong in releasing an emotion like this, whether you are male or female.

Oh yes... I also have tears in my eyes when I get my very bad back aches but I wouldn't call that actual crying.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 02:51 PM

I was listening to country music one night and feeling a bit down and I said to OH,"this soppy music always makes me feel better, I dunno why" He looked at me and said 'that's because you know that whoever writes that rubbish has got to be feeling worse than you are"..... unfeeling sod!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 03:14 PM

Sorry folks, but really can't remember - was taught the 'stiff upper lip' ethos and have lived by that for many, many years.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 03:21 PM

I can cry with anybody! Doesn't have to be sad, I just get very emotional!
Films, brass bands, love songs, grandchildren doing well at school. I always have tissues handy!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bird ->
I can cry with anybody! Doesn't have to be sad, I just get very emotional!
Films, brass bands, love songs, grandchildren doing well at school. I always have tissues handy!
brass bands.. that makes me think of Dad who ran the local band...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 03:49 PM

I often get watery eyes, particularly at beautiful music. Now't wrong with that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Absolutely nothing wrong with that Alan - gets me too - everytime ....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 07:24 PM

Definitely a tearful one here...not always bad, though, and I'm glad I didn't inherit the stiff upper lip thing that my mother had. I think it is healthy to show emotion.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top