Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 03:14 AM

What is the biggest compliment you have recieved

For me when I saw my youngest son in Brazil he turned around to me and said " Dad I Know now why I didn't see that much of you when I was growing up, or not as much as my friends had their dads play with them. I know that you were out working as much as you could to but a roof over our heads-food on the table and clothes to wear and a holiday as well. So we were warm in winter-never hungry and somewhere to call home"

That really got to me
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

13-12-2014, 04:17 AM

Re: What is the biggest compliment you have recieved

That's really heart-warming. Good for him that he realized that Dad was working to take care of his family. Bravo. You've got a good boy there.

I think my biggest compliment was from my Mother in one of her more lucid moments. I had dropped out of high school to go to work. One day I decided that I wanted to finish high school, so I went an got an equivalency diploma. When I passed the test, she said "I knew you could do it." One simple sentence; it meant the world.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
That's really heart-warming. Good for him that he realized that Dad was working to take care of his family. Bravo. You've got a good boy there.

I think my biggest compliment was from my Mother in one of her more lucid moments. I had dropped out of high school to go to work. One day I decided that I wanted to finish high school, so I went an got an equivalency diploma. When I passed the test, she said "I knew you could do it." One simple sentence; it meant the world.

I can see why you were chuffed with that - I would be too
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 11:54 AM

That was a lovely compliment Bazza

What is the biggest compliment you have recieved
Two really . When I was working all sorts of jobs to put my son through Uni one of the jobs was night duty in a small nursing home.
On arriving for duty I used to quickly pop around to say hello to the residents. I put my head around one door and asked Geoff how he was and he replied 'Happy now I have seen your face'
On another occasion I was sitting with a lovely lady who was dying of cancer. I had been reading to her and having a little joke and she suddenly took my hand, looked into my eyes and said 'I know now there are angels' . I had great difficulty holding back the tears...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That was a lovely compliment Bazza

Two really . When I was working all sorts of jobs to put my son through Uni one of the jobs was night duty in a small nursing home.
On arriving for duty I used to quickly pop around to say hello to the residents. I put my head around one door and asked Geoff how he was and he replied 'Happy now I have seen your face'
On another occasion I was sitting with a lovely lady who was dying of cancer. I had been reading to her and having a little joke and she suddenly took my hand, looked into my eyes and said 'I know now there are angels' . I had great difficulty holding back the tears...

Me too
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 12:06 PM

What lovely stories. I've got a lump in my throat again!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Me too
When next I went on duty a couple of days later they told me Beryl had died the following day.
She had no family, I was so pleased we shared that moment...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 12:20 PM

I think if you show kindness to others, then you'll get it back in return. If you have many good friends, then you will always receive compliments. You get back what you give.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

13-12-2014, 12:32 PM

One of my sons, in particular, is always bringing a lump to my throat as he sends me texts now and again just saying thank you for everything mum and I don't know what I'd do without you.

This wasn't an actual compliment, but it was like a huge compliment from a dear friend, just by an act of kindness and selflessness. Around the same time my husband left me, her husband went to the gym one day, took a heart attack and died. My friend was at a girls weekend in Edinburgh. You can imagine................ Another friend called her to see how she was and the first thing she asked was "how's Myra?". Well. I was inconsolable when I was told this. A few years before, she had lost her 21 year old son in an accident. She then sent me flowers. There's hardly a day goes by that I don't think about her. What a wonderful "compliment" from a beautiful friend.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 12:58 PM

That I'm a WUM .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top