Join for free
Page 62 of 370 « First < 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 06:03 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just six miles this morning but I struggled all the way round.
The weather was perfect and it should have been a nice relaxing run in the country. Kids have finished school and the roads were even quieter than usual, but legs were tired and heavy. It wasn't until I arrived home and stopped the watch that revealed the third fastest time this year......That's the reason right there......Overspeeding.
Can you get fined for that?

Well, done, OGF! I managed to run a hilly 10K on a maritime forest trail, just before sunset. While 10K is my favorite running distance, I don't dare look at my time as it was 89 degrees F (31.7 degrees C) and 85 percent humidity when I began. Still, there is never such thing as a bad run for me, if I can finish it standing up.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Can you get fined for that?

Well, done, OGF! I managed to run a hilly 10K on a maritime forest trail, just before sunset. While 10K is my favorite running distance, I don't dare look at my time as it was 89 degrees F (31.7 degrees C) and 85 percent humidity when I began. Still, there is never such thing as a bad run for me, if I can finish it standing up.
Thanks Surfermom, you are less likely to get fined if you go out as early as possible in the mornings when there are no 'Plods' about and I find it is the best time of day, so peaceful.
I also prefer to go out then because it's a lot cooler, although we don't normally get your high temperatures or humidity plus there is hardly any traffic. I don't like to eat before a run, so I can spend the rest of the day participating in my favourite hobby....filling my face....
Rest day today but eight miles on the cards tomorrow....
Perhaps down here......

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 06:11 AM

Now that is a road that beckons! If I look closely, I am fairly sure I see a fine and hearty meal at the end of it. Like you, I never eat before a run, but I run because I love to eat. Oh, yes, I do! I marked off another 10K today and saw a zig-zagging cottontail rabbit, a corn snake soaking up the remaining heat of the day, a snowy egret focused on minnows in the bayou, and a lengthy section of fencing along a swampy pond. Why the fencing, you ask? Because sadly, someone was walking their German Shepherd puppy off-leash on the trail three days ago, and a ten-foot alligator snatched the little thing from the shore for dinner. As you can imagine, the event has raised quite a ruckus over what should or should not be done about the alligator. As the trail was put through an area teaming with wildlife, and there were warning signs everywhere, I am one to think that the gator should be left alone. That said, I think I will watch my steps a little closer in the future. Here is a photo of the far-sighted fellow:

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 11:15 AM

Wow Surfermom.....The only threat to life that I'm subject to arises from speeding cars suddenly appearing round a bend in the road, and that can be solved by sensible positioning and listening. Never wear headphones....

The wildlife I encounter only consists of a few squirrels and rabbits that cower on the verge as I run past, I think they all know me know now and don't run away.....
Dogs can be a problem......But I've only ever been bitten once while out running, a couple of times as a postman though....

Which brings me seamlessly to this mornings eight mile outing.
Legs were feeling better this morning, probably due to a more sensible pace than Tuesday but they did start to tie up on the last mile. Quite blustery in places but with some cloud cover blocking out the sun and a few spots of rain half way round, overheating never became a problem. The humidity was quite high though at 60% and there was plenty of sweating going on as I staggered back up the drive.

That's it until Sunday, but a long walk is beckoning for tomorrow, and the weather forecast is looking good, so hopefully won't need me waterproof jacket....I'll take it though just incase...

And Hey!......Be careful out there Surfermom.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

03-08-2017, 05:10 PM

I tried to surf...but the rain has settled in here so I am back at the house enjoying the healthy drink of water that we certainly needed here...

[URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/FourBells/media/IMG_5493_zpshqompp0l.jpg.html]
[/URL

... and even though Mother Nature is forever baring her sense of humor at my expense, I will give her another go later today. with a rain or shine run. Still having to keep a close eye on the dog I am fostering, it's a day ahead at easel making some well-needed adjustments on this oil:

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-08-2017, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I tried to surf...but the rain has settled in here so I am back at the house enjoying the healthy drink of water that we certainly needed here...

... and even though Mother Nature is forever baring her sense of humor at my expense, I will give her another go later today. with a rain or shine run. Still having to keep a close eye on the dog I am fostering, it's a day ahead at easel making some well-needed adjustments on this oil:
Hey Surfermom, did you realise that the cloud looks like the British Isles.....

The painting is missing something Surfermom.........You surfing the waves....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-08-2017, 06:08 AM

Eight miles - good grief, OGF - I am going to have to up my game! The rain finally stalled enough to squeeze in five miles before sunset. Like you, it my legs that are slowing me..not so much my heart rate or breathing. How disciplined are you about your stretching before and after to minimize leg tightness/heaviness?

Perhaps not so surprisingly, it's neither the dogs, alligators, snakes, surf, nor the road conditions that are the most hazardous but the inattentive drivers - and twice two aggressive ones. Generally, there are enough trails and beaches near me to avoid confrontations with large chunks of moving metal, against which I would surely lose. That said, cars or no, I could never give up just being out there. It's that perspective of seeing the world a step at a time that makes it all so worth it.... that and pasta!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-08-2017, 08:31 AM

Actually Surfermom I've never stretched in my life......I've been lucky to have never suffered a serious running injury in all my forty years of running. Of course I've had the odd strain, and a recurring bout of sciatica when the weather gets cold, but that's probably due to the fact that I run in shorts all year round. Legs were meant to be free and embraced by a cool breeze, It's like being in your own little micro climate when you're running in the zone...

Speed has never been my friend, and the good Lord blessed me with slow twitch muscles in abundance, and it is the reason why I can run all day long (well I used to be able to) it's probably also the reason why I don't need to stretch or warm up, my first couple of miles will be taken at a steady pace and will act as my warm up.

You're absolutely right about seeing the world one step at a time Supermom, you can't get closer to nature than to be out on foot listening to the sounds and being immersed in it as the seasons progress. If there's one thing that you can truly call your own and have complete control over, its running by yourself on the wildside....
Deborah
New Member!
US
Deborah is female 

05-08-2017, 02:38 AM

Today was "leg day"

Began with 10 minutes on the eliptical.
Kettlebell squats
Stiff leg dead lifts
Leg Press under the Smith
Good mornings
Lunges and Step-ups
Glute raises
Leg extensions
Finish with 30 minutes on treadmill.
Walking only - cannot run : (

Tomorrow - 2 mile walk on the beach!!!! Yay!!!! I LOVE the beach!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

05-08-2017, 06:52 AM

That's a very impressive leg routine, Deborah! How long have you been doing this kind of workout? I hope you enjoy your walk tomorrow. With luck, I'll be about 4,500 miles across the ocean running the beach too, and will be sure to give you a wave.

Page 62 of 370 « First < 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top