Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:28 PM

Another Scam Warning

Unfortunately, there seems to be yet another scam going round, so beware.

Apart from the 'pretend' Tesco one sending texts to mobiles saying you're in with a chance of winning £500, there is this one I've just learned of too.

You get a card through your door from PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) saying they couldn't deliver a parcel. Call the number they provide to arrange delivery or collection. The number they give starts 09.
09 numbers are premium rate. If you call the number you will instantly lose over £300.00.

This one came from my computer man and is also up on the local post office wall.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:45 PM

Re: Another Scam Warning

It's been around for quite a while now Mups, but it's always worth reminding people.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the warning Mups ...
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:50 PM

I can only say that there are some bloody shits around. I wonder how many poor people have been robbed like that.

It is good to bring it to peoples' notice after it has been around for a while, as has already been said - it's a timely reminder.
Thanks for the reminder Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 12:24 AM

I'd never heard of this one before, I was only warned about it a couple fo days ago.
As I said, apparently it is a notice up in the local post office.
Buggers aint they.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 04:43 AM

Its an old scam that was sorted out 10 years ago.

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/pds.asp
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 09:00 AM

I had an Email this morning Supposedly from Amazon , I could see the English was not that good .
It wanted me to click on the link to check my account ,I had something similar round about this time last year .

With the run up to Christmas the scammers try to catch you out and get info from online accounts .

Just thought Id pass this on .
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 10:01 AM

Any emails I receive that ask me to click on link goes straight into delete and then deleted from there. I try not to take any chances with them.

But it is always nice to be warned about scams going around old or new. Thanks Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-10-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Its an old scam that was sorted out 10 years ago.

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/pds.asp

Well it seems ot have only just reached this area Galty, because the notices have only just gone up.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well it seems ot have only just reached this area Galty, because the notices have only just gone up.
Thanks Mups, I'd not heard of that one before.
I'm usually quite vigilant but you can't have too much information about these criminals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top