Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 01:56 PM

A hectic few days

Dear oh dear, a busy few days here. Friends and animals with health problems to think about and sort out.

My ex hubby, who I met when I was a kid of 16 and we've always stayed friends, has cancer, and I haven't been able to get him on the phone this week.
When we live alone, it is not always possible to get help quickly if we need it, so it worried me when he wasn't picking the phone up. All sorted now, and he's fine thank goodness.

Another dear friend of mine in Scotland has just had a mastectomy, so I phoned her to see if she's ok as well.

Another friend was at hospital yesterday having a cataract op, so I had to go and see to her dogs for her while she was away.
She has got 4, so with my lot as well, I had 9 dogs to look out for yesterday!
I also needed to get my weekly shop done, plus had a veterinary appointment with one of my lot to get to.

Then one of my dogs was poorly on Tuesday night. She jumped on my bed during the night and I could feel her shaking like a leaf. She was all of a tizz and couldn't settle, totally out of character. She felt hot to touch.
To cut a long story short, even though her temperature was normal in the morning, I noticed a huge red patch about 6" across spreading over her side, and she didn't look well in the face.
Made a quick veterinary appt. and by then her mouth was red inside, so were her ears, eyes and even her bum! I was afraid it was a chemical burn from the fields.
Vet thought it was an allergy to something and gave her a steroid injection and she calmed down quite quickly.
Had to take her back again next day for another, smaller dose as she still had small areas of red skin, but very much better.

I went out again last night and took some fish & chips down to my friend who'd just had the op, incase she didn't feel up to cooking.
I am driving her to the vets this afternoon as it's still less than 24 hrs since her eye op. She has a cat with cancer that needs a check up.

As if that is not all enough, I am still friend's with my son's ex girlfriend, I have known her for many years. She has been ill with worsening MS for a long time, but has now been whipped into hospital where they have just discovered she also has cancer as well. That poor girl. She is 47.
I need to try and get in to visit her as well.

Talk about everything coming at once. So if anyone did notice I haven't been around much for a few days, it is because I have had so much to do and am worn out making plans and trying to remember what's what.

There again, perhaps that was a bit presumptuous of me,
maybe no one noticed me posting a bit less even.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 02:13 PM

Re: A hectic few days

Stay strong and barrel through. How these things always manage to come together is a constant source of wonderment to me ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 02:15 PM

Oh mups I did notice but I had hoped you were just away for a few days, you've had quite a time of it all those patients you've been helping. That chemical burn sounded pretty bad, glad she's feeling better now. Amazing how quickly dogs can go down but they recover really fast too.
Hope you are looking after yourself as well as everyone else, you can't help others if you don't.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 02:41 PM

Mups I knew one of your dogs was poorly, so I assumed you weren't posting because you had to care for her.
Looking after sick people and animals is always hard work, but when you notice the comfort is gives them it is always worthwhile. I just hope you find some time soon, to look after yourself.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 02:50 PM

Hi Mups you have got your hands full.
If I lived nearer I would happily help walk the dogs. .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 03:04 PM

Missed you on the word game Mups ,Hope your dog is feeling better , and everyone else that you are caring for.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 03:12 PM

Aw Mump you must be exhausted, I think you need a bit of TLC yourself xx .

I haven't been about as much as usual either due to a big gardening project I have undertaken which is taking every ounce of strength I have left in my aged body. It's do or die and at the moment it feels like it will be the latter

Keep your spirits up, things are bound to get better eventually.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 03:13 PM

Blimey Mups you've certainly had more than your fair share of problems and worries lately. Don't overdo things yourself of course. We can't have you going awol now can we. I hope the next few days will see things easing down a little for you. Take care now.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 03:17 PM

Of course we noticed!
And we missed you x

Hope things get easier for those around you Mups
Time to crack open the cheese and wine this evening?!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2017, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Aw Mump you must be exhausted, I think you need a bit of TLC yourself xx .

I haven't been about as much as usual either due to a big gardening project I have undertaken which is taking every ounce of strength I have left in my aged body. It's do or die and at the moment it feels like it will be the latter

Keep your spirits up, things are bound to get better eventually.
You too Meg! Has nobody told you that, for the latter to be an option, you have to have signed approval from all the posting members.... and that isn't going to happen!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top