Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 10:35 PM

The shackles of being an employer are removed on 24th February

I will be closing my business next Friday...most of my lads have found work and two are taking a well earned bvreak before contemplating their future.

Everything has gone smoothly and amicable.

I have a buyer lined up for my vans, units and land, all accounts are paid so a new chapter dawns.

I am going to take 3 months to decide my future, not rushing into anything but I'd like to move in a different direction.

I will always have my trade to fall back on if I can't decide what to do.

I'd like to work from home, no mud and cold weather to contend with.

I'm thinking of auctions, buying and selling to the public.

I am fortunate that I have no big financial pressures anymore so my time is my own...no deadlines to adhere to.

Bliss.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 10:38 PM

Re: The shackles of being an employer are removed on 24th February

I'm sure everything will work out for you Tpin, and I wish you the very best of luck for the future.. x
Meep
manchester uk
Meep is female 

19-02-2017, 10:44 PM

good luck in whatever you decide to do in the future
just think of all the extra time on your hands to cause mischief on here
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 10:44 PM

Soon my database will be complete, and I will be able to see what has gone on, and what has been earned per erg, an unique standpoint, maybe.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 10:51 PM

Great attitude to have Tpin.

It's a new adventure and opportunity to try your hand at something else and see what you achieve.
I expect there'll be some sentiment, of good bygone days which you'll have , you can't build a successful business and not have some fond memories or sense of personal achievement and pride to look back on. Everyone pause here ... whilst I deliver a little round of applause cos Morty loves a fighter and a doer and I'm fresh out of bravery medals and anyone who opted for self-employment and it's headaches is brave.

And now you get to do it all over again .... for pleasure.
It could be damn good fun and exciting. So have fun.
X
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 10:58 PM

What she said ^^^

You could sex chickens?

I've always wanted to meet one ever since I watched What's My Line!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 11:01 PM

Welcome to the world of leisure Tpin.......I'll buy you a pint when I see you......

I think I'll know how you will feel next Friday, although not as large as your business, I was sad when I decided to call it a day.....
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 11:06 PM

My son does Auctions and ive invested some of my own money ,some products sell fast others are slow moving , do your research and you could be on to a winner , Good Luck with it if you do decide to .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 11:14 PM

Must be an epidemic. I'm packing it all in in April too. Had enough of ' house bashing' crawling in lofts and under floors. Knees knackered, lungs full of crap and umpteen broken bones. Looking forward to having a lie in in the mornings and no stress.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm sure everything will work out for you Tpin, and I wish you the very best of luck for the future.. x
Thank you xx

Originally Posted by Meep ->
good luck in whatever you decide to do in the future
just think of all the extra time on your hands to cause mischief on here
My mischief days on here
peaked and died a while back

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Soon my database will be complete, and I will be able to see what has gone on, and what has been earned per erg, an unique standpoint, maybe.
Haven't a clue what you're on about but, thanks...I think

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Great attitude to have Tpin.

It's a new adventure and opportunity to try your hand at something else and see what you achieve.
I expect there'll be some sentiment, of good bygone days which you'll have , you can't build a successful business and not have some fond memories or sense of personal achievement and pride to look back on. Everyone pause here ... whilst I deliver a little round of applause cos Morty loves a fighter and a doer and I'm fresh out of bravery medals and anyone who opted for self-employment and it's headaches is brave.

And now you get to do it all over again .... for pleasure.
It could be damn good fun and exciting. So have fun.
X
You can be a real sweetie xx

Thank you

Yours sincerely

Dick Head

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Welcome to the world of leisure Tpin.......I'll buy you a pint when I see you......

I think I'll know how you will feel next Friday, although not as large as your business, I was sad when I decided to call it a day.....
It'll certainly be an emotional day....pint of San Miguel, please.

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
My son does Auctions and ive invested some of my own money ,some products sell fast others are slow moving , do your research and you could be on to a winner , Good Luck with it if you do decide to .
Thanks.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top