Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 12:54 PM

Re: Fiona Onasanya

The sooner they kick her out the better. She should also be up before any solicitor's governing body for bringing them into disrepute.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 03:42 PM

Hi

She is the embodiment of everything that is wrong in Politics.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 04:34 PM

Nigel Farage, “We are likely to get our first electoral test in Westminster in a by-election which is now pretty certain to happen in Peterborough." No suggestion he would be chosen as candidate though by Brexit Party.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 05:27 PM

The petition is now closed - presumably counting will begin soon .....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 06:55 PM

It's just been given out on the ITV News that 27% of voters in Peterborough have forced disgraced MP Fiona Onasanya out of her constituency following a recall petition. A by-election is to be held.

Commons Speaker John Bercow confirmed the recall petition had been successful. He told MPs:

"I must advise the House that I have received notification from the petition officer for the constituency of Peterborough, in respect of the recall petition for Fiona Onasanya.

"The recall petition process for the constituency of Peterborough, established under the Recall of MPs Act 2015, closed today at 5pm. "As more than 10% of those eligible signed the petition have done so, I advise the House that the petition was successful.

"Fiona Onasanya is no longer the member for Peterborough and the seat is accordingly vacant.

"She can therefore no longer participate in any parliamentary proceedings as a Member of Parliament."

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-01/...-peterborough/
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It's just been given out on the ITV News that 27% of voters in Peterborough have forced disgraced MP Fiona Onasanya out of her constituency following a recall petition. A by-election is to be held.
If that black #female_dog had one ounce of decency she would have taken the Chiltern Hundreds even before her trial.

Hopefully a BREXIT party candidate will now stand and be successful.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If that black #female_dog had one ounce of decency she would have taken the Chiltern Hundreds even before her trial.

Hopefully a BREXIT party candidate will now stand and be successful.
From that same news item:

"Nigel Farage said his new party would contest the by-election. He tweeted: "I can confirm that @brexitparty-uk will fight the Peterborough by-election. We will give it our best shot."

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

Commons Speaker John Bercow confirmed the recall petition had been successful. He told MPs:

"I must advise the House that I have received notification from the petition officer for the constituency of Peterborough, in respect of the recall petition for Fiona Onasanya.

"The recall petition process for the constituency of Peterborough, established under the Recall of MPs Act 2015, closed today at 5pm. "As more than 10% of those eligible signed the petition have done so, I advise the House that the petition was successful.

"Fiona Onasanya is no longer the member for Peterborough and the seat is accordingly vacant.

"She can therefore no longer participate in any parliamentary proceedings as a Member of Parliament."

I think 27% is reasonably positive result .....
Baz46

01-05-2019, 07:14 PM

I wonder if she will be forced to repay all of her salary now she has been found guilty in a Court of law, served a sentence and has now been voted out of her post as an MP? It is after all tax payers' money and her dishonesty has now been proven.

"The trained solicitor was released from prison in February and has continued to receive her £77,379 salary."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/f...-a4131796.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I think 27% is reasonably positive result .....
The horrifying things is that 73% thought otherwise ----

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top