Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 09:01 PM

Re: The Brexit Doom Continues.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Why is it mostly Brexiteers that post the doom and gloom?

You mean remainers ?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Don't tell me you've just spent 2 days googling up your answers again...

Do you know what net contributor means ? I don't think you do... it means we put in more than we take out, it's our money ...

Secondly, the cohesion fund is in addition to our net contributions. It's what is called "off book". All the money we pay in never comes back - thats why its called a "fund".

You make me laugh you do. You and your mate.

I also asked you specifically about the funding for HS2 - you cannot answer can you

I can’t say I’m surprised that you only have a simplistic understanding of the teal returns from our membership of the EU as you seem to be unable to comprehend many things.

You have lied in claiming the UK has not received Cohesion funding

You have lied in claiming the EU do not fund rail projects

You have lied in claiming the EU are not providing funding for HS2

https://www.globalrailnews.com/2015/...es-eu-funding/

It’s obvious that you know as little about the rail and infrastructure industry as you know about contracts

All you offer is endless fake news propaganda and lies, so much so that you’re in danger of putting the St Petersburg troll factory out of business
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 09:38 PM

Nope, the Brexiteers are posting the doom and gloom that they say the Remainers are causing. Why not just ignore it if you think it's rubbish?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Nope, the Brexiteers are posting the doom and gloom that they say the Remainers are causing. Why not just ignore it if you think it's rubbish?

Why should I?

If anything my posts are positive about Brexit.

All remain is doing is becoming a cult for people who can't understand they lost
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-08-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I can’t say I’m surprised that you only have a simplistic understanding of the teal returns from our membership of the EU as you seem to be unable to comprehend many things.

It’s obvious that you know as little about the rail and infrastructure industry as you know about contracts

All you offer is endless fake news propaganda and lies, so much so that you’re in danger of putting the St Petersburg troll factory out of business

Wrong wrong wrong

Why do you not understand what a net contributor is ?

You are out-crazying yourself
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-08-2019, 10:24 PM

I never said the EU do not fund rail projects either. But we fund other countries... through the cohesion fund.

Here is some info on the Cohesion Fund. Note the countries it applies to...

https://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy...cohesion-fund/
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I never said the EU do not fund rail projects either. But we fund other countries... through the cohesion fund.

Here is some info on the Cohesion Fund. Note the countries it applies to...

https://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy...cohesion-fund/
Not only do you keep telling lies you retreat into denial mode when you are caught out

You said

We get no EU funding for our railways even though we have Victorian infrastructure in some parts of our track. There is no EU funding for HS2 either even though we fund Polands underground railways (for example)

A statement you made that’s patently not true and now you deny making it

As for the Cohesion funding it seems that yet again you do not really understand what you are talking about

Cohesion funding not only gets allocated to the poorer countries but also the poorer redound in the wealthier countries which is why a major rail project in Cornwall benefitted from it as do other “deprived” areas of the UK

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2...fited-from-eu/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

03-08-2019, 07:16 AM

Not only do you keep telling lies you retreat into denial mode when you are caught out

You said

We get no EU funding for our railways even though we have Victorian infrastructure in some parts of our track. There is no EU funding for HS2 either even though we fund Polands underground railways (for example)

A statement you made that’s patently not true and now you deny making it

As for the Cohesion funding it seems that yet again you do not really understand what you are talking about

Cohesion funding not only gets allocated to the poorer countries but also the poorer redound in the wealthier countries which is why a major rail project in Cornwall benefitted from it as do other “deprived” areas of the UK

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2...fited-from-eu/

If you read my link fro. The EU Parliament you will see the UK is not part of cohesion funding but we are a contributor to not.

Then try and understand what net contributor means.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 10:16 AM

The EU doesn't 'Provide Funding'............It gives us back the money we paid in on projects it approves of.

That's all fine and dandy but we could just not pay the EU and fund it ourselves.

What part of 'Net Contributor' do you not understand?
Banchory
Kent

03-08-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The EU doesn't 'Provide Funding'............It gives us back the money we paid in on projects it approves of.

That's all fine and dandy but we could just not pay the EU and fund it ourselves.

What part of 'Net Contributor' do you not understand?
Doesn’t cover up the fact you’ve been caught telling lies again

It seems I understand a lot more than you as you cannot look further than the simpleton approach and fail to account for the contributions from the benefits of being a member which is why the other eight members who contribute more than they receive back directly don’t have an issue with it. They understand the economics of being a member and the indirect revenue membership returns
In the case of the UK the tax revenue generated by the passporting right is estimated to be between35 & 40% of the £70 billion the financial industry generates

You need to move beyond simple addition and subtraction to find the truth

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top