Join for free
Page 18 of 48 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:33 AM

Re: The Prince Andrew interview

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He waited long enough to be king .
Apart from his wife ( that no one likes ) what difference would it make ?
Sorry, but I like both Charles and Camilla,
I do not like William, I think he just lurves being king in waiting and 'better' than us plebs. I'm not really keen on his wife but must give her top marks for hanging on in there and deciding that marrying a man who ditched and sang "I'm free" before crawling back, was worth the humiliation.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How about we do an in depth investigation into the backgrounds of all the people who work so tirelessly for the daily mail...Should turn up some interesting skeletons....
Good idea , and a few more besides.

Another daily paper has reported that the log books of Prince Andrews protection officers might be released by the Met. if requested. They can be kept up to 30 yrs apparently. Knowing what we know about documents disappearing , it's possible that they won't be available, but worth a try I would have thought.

Someone, /anyone being accused of a crime they didn't do, is really horrible . At the same time, so far as we know he hasn't committed a crime.. The British public seem to want 'blood' all the time these days, like a pack of wolves . Gone is ; 'innocent until proven guilty'.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
I do not like William, I think he just lurves being king in waiting and 'better' than us plebs. I'm not really keen on his wife but must give her top marks for hanging on in there and deciding that marrying a man who ditched and sang "I'm free" before crawling back, was worth the humiliation.
I have to agree with you there cuppa, I think Camilla is the woman Charles would have married if he'd not been required to have a dolly bird on his arm (no disrespect to Diana I must add) Charles is a bit floppy headed at times but he gets that from his dad. They both look happy together and it would have been a pity for them to be denied each others company. It's just a pity that Diana was collateral damage...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Good idea , and a few more besides.

Another daily paper has reported that the log books of Prince Andrews protection officers might be released by the Met. if requested. They can be kept up to 30 yrs apparently. Knowing what we know about documents disappearing , it's possible that they won't be available, but worth a try I would have thought.

Someone, /anyone being accused of a crime they didn't do, is really horrible . At the same time, so far as we know he hasn't committed a crime.. The British public seem to want 'blood' all the time these days, like a pack of wolves . Gone is ; 'innocent until proven guilty'.
True Puddle Duck, trial by the media because he's posh. Jealousy is a nasty human emotion that in this case leads to vigilante rules....
I don't care for the bloke myself, but it seems like he's been found guilty of association....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 12:47 PM

I have to agree with you there cuppa, I think Camilla is the woman Charles would have married if he'd not been required to have a dolly bird on his arm (no disrespect to Diana I must add) Charles is a bit floppy headed at times but he gets that from his dad. They both look happy together and it would have been a pity for them to be denied each others company. It's just a pity that Diana was collateral damage...
He wasn’t required to have a dolly bird on his arm and he was quite old enough to chose his own bride.
In the old fashioned way of the RF Camilla was not considered good enough . Her reputation was not that good -she had had other boyfriends and she was not really top drawer .
Also Charles dithered and Parker Bowles was a huge catch being quite attractive and very rich .
Diana was chosen because she was practically the only aristocratic virgin in the country .
Her only previous relationship being with her guinea pig .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 12:55 PM

True Puddle Duck, trial by the media because he's posh. Jealousy is a nasty human emotion that in this case leads to vigilante rules....
I don't care for the bloke myself, but it seems like he's been found guilty of association....

People don’t like him because he’s an unpleasant arrogant freeloader not because hes ‘posh .’
There is no jealously involved and what vigilante rules are you referring too ?

He has lived a ridiculously privileged life and now belatedly learns that it’s simply not acceptable to do just what you like.

The taxpayer has financed his lifestyle for decades they have a right to know ( and dislike ) how their money has been spent .

His own greediness has lead him to this scrutiny
He freeloaded off this wealthy man as if he hadn’t got enough .
So now he must face the consequences.

If you lie down with dogs you pick up fleas
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-11-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
No need to be sorry you may like who you like .
Most of the nation don’t like her because they see her present position as a reward for adultery .
Adultery which at the time caused a great deal of hurt of course it’s all whitewashed now .
So when she becomes Queen as she will when Charles becomes king it says that adultery will bring its own reward in the end .
I personally couldn’t care less .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So when she becomes Queen as she will when Charles becomes king it says that adultery will bring its own reward in the end .
I personally couldn’t care less .
In all likelihood, Charlie-boy won't be king for very long.
I see him as a trendy greenie who likes talking to plants and lives on another planet.

Perhaps Will-i-am might make a better king, though I would not be at all surprised to see the Royal Family fall out of public interest when the Queen is dead.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-11-2019, 02:12 PM

He may not be king at all .
He’s old already his mother may outlive him .
William will be the last king of England .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 02:23 PM

I watched a little of his interview....he interrupted her,when she was in the middle of a sentence...

I found that rude..I also told him how rude he was,to the screen of course..

IMO...he comes across arrogant,full of his own self importance..

I would love to meet him face to face..and say to him.

"Do you know who I am"

I don't know him...but what I see,is a man...sat on a high pedestal ....I would love to pull it out from underneath him...

I can not stand all this "sucking up to them"..like some people do...bow to them..you must be joking.

Page 18 of 48 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top