Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 11:57 AM

Would you queue for a new store to open?

A new Aldi's has opened in our village. Apparently there has been a queue overnight, in the freezing cold, including one camping!, waiting for the doors to open.

I think the lure was free TV's and shopping vouchers.

Much as I love Aldi's, I will wait until things have calmed down before I shop there.

Would you queue?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Re: Would you queue for a new store to open?

CC I wouldn't queue up for anything if it could be avoided and certainly not for some shop...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:01 PM

No way..never have ..never will.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Only once when i was a kid to get the autograph of the corrie celeb that was opening it. My mother was a big corrie fan.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:05 PM

Nope . Couldn't care less about free giveaways. Just don't understand it at all .

Years ago I worked in a shop , the owner decided to offer the first 5 customers each a free gift , this was posted in the window of the newly opening shop . When the morning arrived we arrived early for work and sitting in the entrance was a woman and her four children . They entered the shop first and my employer had to give her and her children each the promised gifts even though the mother only spent a few pounds .

She told us she had sat there since 6am in the freezing weather with those small children
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:08 PM

Nope. Just go later, just for a look. I hate queueing! ( that looks like it's spelt wrong)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Nope . Couldn't care less about free giveaways. Just don't understand it at all .

Same here Susan. Couldn't be bothered.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:10 PM

Loathe Supermarkets so a definate NO
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:12 PM

Queue all night? For a supermarket opening? Only if the end of the world were nigh and I had no food at home.

People doing that must not have all their paddles in the water.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:18 PM

I wouldn't but for those less fortunate the prospect of saving a few quid obviously looks attractive.
Black Friday is in my opinion an exercise in rabble rousing, people fighting over cut price items.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top