Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Very Interesting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/50582822#50581558

Please watch this. I can see this becoming a big thing in the future for all kinds of illness.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 01:54 PM

Re: Very Interesting.

Oops! Doesn't work for me. Will try again later
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 02:42 PM

Do try again it really makes you think about iphones and what they could mean in the future.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 04:40 PM

I got the video to work but I couldn't understand what they were talking about from start to finish, I must be thick What were they talking about?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 07:10 PM

Sorry Cate, the video wouldn't open for me...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

18-02-2013, 09:21 PM

What a shame this is an interview with Doctor Eric Topol Its on a programme called Rock Centre with Brian Williams.

Doctor Topol explains how apps on a telephone are being developed to diagnose illness. The manufacturers are using microchips to test your heart rate, glucose in the blood and much much more.

This can all be done in the comfort of your own arm chair and the results emailed over to your doctor and you can discuss them with him without going anywhere near a hospital.

They are talking about a micro chip that can be put into the blood stream and scan your blood, heart and other organs and even let you know if your glucose is too high or your cholesterol is too high or even if you are in danger of heart attacks or strokes.

This is the future don't you think its exciting that we are here to see history happen again. We saw transplants of all kinds over years.

I wish you could see the clip.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 09:23 PM

Here I come with a bucket of cold water: when my dogs were micro-chipped, I asked if there was a risk of the chip wandering off away from its injected site and was told yes, that can happen. Wouldn't the same risk occcur with this?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

18-02-2013, 09:28 PM

The chip will only be the size of a grain of sand and it is supposed to wander. There was a film once about little people roaming around a body I prefer tiny chips.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
The chip will only be the size of a grain of sand and it is supposed to wander. There was a film once about little people roaming around a body I prefer tiny chips.
Crikey yes, I remember that film - they were injected into the man's body weren't they.

I'm still too nervy of things like that though - such a dinosaur
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Do try again it really makes you think about iphones and what they could mean in the future.
I was able to see the video Cate, it was very interesting and may well save many lives in the future.

By the way, just in case some members are getting confused at what they are watching, the actual programme Cate is referring to was about 3 to 4 minutes in from the start of the video.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top