Join for free
Page 8 of 20 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:33 AM

Re: The European Election: Results

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Glad to see we are 100% on the same page Floydy!
I've got a couple more ideas on the moving parliament theme
too! such as putting the second heathrow runway up near
Manchester area to serve it, and then it would then give a
real reason for HS2 to be extended to that area!
Then take our fisheries back and the north should then be
set up for success!
These are all dreams! but if you dont dream you will have no
aims?
What do you think?
By the way! Your avatar has changed?

Best Regards Donkeyman!
I agree totally, Donkeyman.
The United Kingdom isn't just London all the time and the middle class bstards in their leafy suburbs and the biased BBC should get a grip. I think these results today prove that working people (and those who were working and are now retired - just in case I get a backlash ) are simply fed up with all the squabbling between these money-driven capitalists and need a change. We have a voice too and it's by far a more reasoned and sensible one than the suits down south can come with at the moment.
Labour used to be a stronghold just about everywhere up north for example. The polls this morning showed only York retaining a Tory seat. And Corbyn? Well he's just very out of date, out of touch Marxist who wants the country back in the 1970's with candles and 3-day weeks. He looks like somebody's gardener. Scruffy bstard.
Time for a change and if Nigel can get some proper policies together with his rapidly increasing party members, then we may even see something good happen to our land at last

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You make several very important points.

The Conservatives are probably finished now, even with a new PM. Whilst they are still in government, they should now state quite clearly that they will take us out of the EU without a deal. If they cannot do that, or if they are still opposed by a majority in the Commons, then the time is right for an early GE and the EU election results will be fresh in people's minds.

The two main recipients of EU votes are the Brexit Party and the Limp Dems. These two quite clearly represent the leave/remain votes, with the former clearly in the lead.

As for a relocation of Parliament from London to the North, I think that would be sensible. Bearing in mind how Londonistan is no longer properly British, how can it continue to be the seat of government? Rather than Manchester, though, I'd prefer Leeds!

As for the Maybot, I bet that right now she's having a good cry whilst looking at those dismal figures showing exactly what she's brought about as PM.
This is quite reassuring JBR, I thought I was classed as an idiot who knows nothing about anything on here.

Leeds would be ideal for a relocation, or what about a second, equal, parliament for those MPs who would rather stay up north. Technology today allows communication between different areas adequately so they could video link all the debates. Why not?

Maybot had good intentions and to her credit she really wanted to give the people what they wanted but failed dismally because she didn't think about things properly and listen to anyone else (she is a woman) and as someone said on here the other day, I think she has been latterly stalling the Brexit process because she really wanted to stay in the EU anyway. That wouldn't surprise me as she is a wealthy woman who probably has tax deals and money stashed away somewhere in Europe like all the other suits.

Politics is getting exciting for the first time ever in my opinion and that's why this poster is hooked.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes Swimmy and they are now sucking up to us, at how sorry they are and they must change and do things differently. Yeah Right!
They must think we all just dropped off the Christmas tree!

If another one, mentions we must have, or need a second referendum, l will scream my head off, so loud, you’ll hear me in Shropshire!
I'm thinking if the Brexit thingummybob can just go on until October like the new date says it might, then this will give Nigel time to set up a proper party of his own and be a real force to be reckoned with. And the main thing about that is that there would never be another referendum.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:37 AM

Lib Dem guy on BBC just now, saying that EU are happy to wait so long as positive moves are being made for withdrawal.

He followed on by saying that we need a referendum with Mrs May's deal against staying in the EU. !!

So it's all change again is it ?? My gosh, what a load of cranks , ......this is really back to school boy politics.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-05-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think the 'turn out' was quite good considering everyone is sick of politics, no one trusts any politician and democracy is dead.

I voted in the European elections but I really don't think I will bother voting at any general elections from now on, I can't see the point unless it is a protest vote.
I'm of the same opinion LD, but if Nige does get something concrete I will definitely vote for his new party after Brexit just to keep the sludge out.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-05-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I like Anne Widecombe & I am pleased she is now our EU MP for this area & yes, we all here voted for her.
She has traditional common sense without being out of touch and that is quite reassuring for any politician these days.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I watched BBC & Sky last night and again this morning, but switched off in disgust
They are both doing everything they can to report the result as a victory for remain and the need for a Second Referendum/Losers Vote
They are worried about their own personal wealth.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:48 AM

I watched BBC & Sky last night and again this morning, but switched off in disgust
They are both doing everything they can to report the result as a victory for remain and the need for a Second Referendum/Losers Vote
I also picked that up zulu!
The media all over europe are playing down every thing
and pushing the cause of liberal interests!
There is no doubt that libs and greens have made gains but
the media has over played it in order to present a better
picture for the incumbents in power imo!
The greens are also pro euro as a rule?
Anyway, Brexit party results were very encouraging l think!

Regards Doneyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Bit of girl power .. I've a huge amount if respect for Anne.

I voted for Brexit because we have June Mummery on the ballot. As a recreational sea angler it's great to have the Brexit Party have a representative for the industry and the sport
Hi

The one thing we have in common, I used to live in Martlesham.

My job was such that I had access to Bawdsey Manor, brilliant shore fishing, bass and sole in summer and 20lb plus cod in winter.

This was over 30 years ago, when fishing was great and you could catch sea trout in Martlesham Creek and the Deben at Wilford Bridge.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:52 AM

zuludog, You are right. I kept switching over from Sky to BBC and they were both as bad!
Worse, Emily Thornberry was on both channels. She didn’t look very happy did she? It was good to see her usual smug expression, change to an embarrassed expression as the results came in.
She needs to give up the fags too, she’s getting a real smoker’s croaky laugh.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The one thing we have in common, I used to live in Martlesham.

My job was such that I had access to Bawdsey Manor, brilliant shore fishing, bass and sole in summer and 20lb plus cod in winter.

This was over 30 years ago, when fishing was great and you could catch sea trout in Martlesham Creek and the Deben at Wilford Bridge.
I bet ... your a lucky fella to live round that part of the country.

Here we have flat beaches so unless you can cast you will only get small stuff in the margins

My friend had a 50lb stingray and an 8lb bass last week but they are a rarity these days. Only 10 years ago I was pulling in sizeable coddling and bass by the double shot but not anymore.

I've seen commercials come close in and trawl all the sole out of the beaches in frinton. Lights off and engines just above idling... bastards

Needless to say we dont get much sole anymore either.

Page 8 of 20 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top