Join for free
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:45 PM

My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

I'm not surprised he hasn't walked since. My daughter has been working and studying for the past three days and wonder what on earth the dad does with him to develop him (if anything).

It's always been claimed the baby doesn't like to be encouraged and aided to walk. But I do wonder. He is 14 months and two weeks old and also hasn't said his first word yet.

I do have concerns about the poor little chap but my concerns and advice aren't well received by my daughter (it's considered interfering unlike my "don't get involved, "keep your head down wife".
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 07:06 PM

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

I'm surprised he hasn't learned to walk by himself by now. They start to move around freely starting with rolling over, then crawling and finally pulling themselves up on furniture before launching themselves. As for not talking yet, don't your daughter and hubby/partner/live-in chum speak to each other so the babe can pick up some words at least?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 08:32 PM

What a scary thread! It’s like striving for perfection!

Leave the child be. He will walk and talk in his own time.
My main concern would be... Is he healthy, as that is all that matters.

The time to worry is when he starts school and he is still in nappies!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 09:08 PM

My Son didn't walk until he was two, what a change for his sister she was into everything from a year, boys do tend to take longer anyway, but they, of the same age, usually all catch up when they start school.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:46 PM

My friends son didn't walk until he was two, made no attempt. Neither did he attempt to talk until around the same age. He was also still in nappies just before he went to school .

Hey ho ! Looks like he was using his energies elsewhere, after being considered as not developing at the pace he should.
He went to Oxford university, got a degree in Bio Chemistry and now lives in Australia with a top job .

Too early to start worrying. I'm sure he will bring you lots of pleasure.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 06:18 AM

My little Grandson walked in a fashion sort of standing up and following his nose from one obstacle to another at 10 months old...it might have been less painful and he would have had fewer bruises if he had crawled a bit longer.

They all do it in their own time....14 months isn't late in walking terms .....he will talk soon enough then you will get the never ending question......why?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm surprised he hasn't learned to walk by himself by now. They start to move around freely starting with rolling over, then crawling and finally pulling themselves up on furniture before launching themselves. As for not talking yet, don't your daughter and hubby/partner/live-in chum speak to each other so the babe can pick up some words at least?
He did just that.

But I had been concerned he might not. And yes apparently he was late. Although I think my daughters didn't walk any earlier (and they have turned out highly intelligent). The worry was he'd be later still.
Gravitas
North England

17-08-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

What a very lower clarrrss mentality you have. You don't live in Stoke do you? 60% of children there starting school are already 18 months behind in their speech development. And the poor little ****ers never catch up.

And if you think the teachers will sort it - they WON'T!

YOU (and those like you) are the scary ones! Hobbling the poor little no-hopers from the start.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I'm not surprised he hasn't walked since. My daughter has been working and studying for the past three days and wonder what on earth the dad does with him to develop him (if anything).

It's always been claimed the baby doesn't like to be encouraged and aided to walk. But I do wonder. He is 14 months and two weeks old and also hasn't said his first word yet.

I do have concerns about the poor little chap but my concerns and advice aren't well received by my daughter (it's considered interfering unlike my "don't get involved, "keep your head down wife".
I didn't walk until I was 23 months old, but started talking when I was about 4/5 months old, I can talk for the universe.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Thanks Art for some common sense.

Babyhood isn't a race Gravy, and I agree with your long suffering wife.... keep your nose out.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top