Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 11:54 AM

Is EU on leaves side??

Macron & Merkel have both apparently spoken in favour of
vetoing any attempt by uk to obtain a further extension to
the exit date!
Whilst this should be good news for brexiteers on the face
of it, it should be treated with caution as it may be another
tactic by eu to possibly create a feeling of complacency
among brexiteers and so cause them to relax their efforts
in other areas?
Whilst l dont believe this would be the case, l think we should
be aware that all that is portrayed is not neccessarily what
is transpiring?

Regards Donkeyman!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 12:00 PM

Re: Is EU on leaves side??

I'm not sure on our side is the right way to look at it. I think any of us faced with the problem of UK parliament now would in their position just say leave, go, don't come back until you have sorted yourselves out. They caused problems at the start and must now have realised if they had a proper set out way for countries to leave would have been a better way forward for them and us.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not sure on our side is the right way to look at it. I think any of us faced with the problem of UK parliament now would in their position just say leave, go, don't come back until you have sorted yourselves out. They caused problems at the start and must now have realised if they had a proper set out way for countries to leave would have been a better way forward for them and us.
Sorry Julie, maybe l was not clear enough? I meant my post
to be a question by suggesting that Merks & Macs recent
statements were taken at face value they could aid uks
exit plans?
And posed the other side of the question that it might be
a ruse by eu aimed at disrupting our efforts!!
I dont think eu would knowingly assist uk to leave, and they
definately arent stupid enough to say things accidently, so,
Why did they both make identcal statements at the same
time, purporting to let uk leave in october? in other words
give us what we are asking for? When prior to this they
have spent 3yrs trying to do the opposite?
I hope l have made my thinking clearer
I tend to over analyse things sometimes, but l dont think we
can be too careful when dealing with eu??

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Macron & Merkel have both apparently spoken in favour of
vetoing any attempt by uk to obtain a further extension to
the exit date!
Whilst this should be good news for brexiteers on the face
of it, it should be treated with caution as it may be another
tactic by eu to possibly create a feeling of complacency
among brexiteers and so cause them to relax their efforts
in other areas?
Whilst l dont believe this would be the case, l think we should
be aware that all that is portrayed is not neccessarily what
is transpiring?

Regards Donkeyman!
Your mps don't want a no deal brexit. The EU grants no extension. Britains way out of this dilemma? Revoke article 50 and remain.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 02:56 PM

I think we all know 'whos side' the EU is on and that is their own with the help of this lot among others..

https://brexitcentral.com/we-are-whe...ceptable-deal/

The EU will never compromise its 'fundamental principles' to assist us to escape, that is far too dangerous because it sets a precedent for others to follow.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	soubry-umunna-etc.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	10629  
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think we all know 'whos side' the EU is on and that is their own with the help of this lot among others..

The EU will never compromise its 'fundamental principles' to assist us to escape, that is far too dangerous because it sets a precedent for others to follow.
Clearly you think the EU is much mightier (possessing great and impressive power or strength, especially because of size) than the UK. And that the side chosen by the EU will win. No, no and no. It is democracy that will determine the final outcome of the brexit proces in the UK.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Your mps don't want a no deal brexit. The EU grants no extension. Britains way out of this dilemma? Revoke article 50 and remain.
Or simply leave as we want to on 31st. I never quite understand why it worries you so much but a comment earlier from someone else explained it to me, I think you will be paying much more into the pot once we are gone and that must be a bit scary.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Or simply leave as we want to on 31st. I never quite understand why it worries you so much but a comment earlier from someone else explained it to me, I think you will be paying much more into the pot once we are gone and that must be a bit scary.
Sorry to disappoint you, but perhaps you haven't understood. The UK's 11,2 bn will have to be redistributed over 500 million inhabitants of the EU. Even if you discount 30% of these as children, it amounts to £ 30 a year or 2,50 a month. We can pay that. Your memberships contribution will not be missed.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 03:42 PM

Well, fortunately we will never know whether the EU would veto an extension, because if they did, it would mean BORIS is not lying dead somewhere in a ditch!! has capitulated, broken his promise to the people, and he would be finished.

So, unless the EU formally state that they would veto any request for an extension without Boris asking for one, all well and good.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-09-2019, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, fortunately we will never know whether the EU would veto an extension, because if they did, it would mean BORIS is not lying dead somewhere in a ditch!! has capitulated, broken his promise to the people, and he would be finished.

So, unless the EU formally state that they would veto any request for an extension without Boris asking for one, all well and good.
They can only veto an extension if it is requested by boris. Even if he is found drunken in a ditch.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top