Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 03:52 PM

Quick solution?

An interesting solution picked up from another site.

1. Our government fast tracks Scottish Devolution.
(Wales/Ireland welcome to join too)

2. United Kingdom no longer exists at that point

3. England falls out of the EU by default as a defunct state

Job Done
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 03:53 PM

Re: Quick solution?

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Job Done

A tad extreme I think ... but anything would help
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 04:20 PM

Job Done
Good idea Realist, but the law making/ lawbreaking POSHOC
Would probably rustle up a new law to block it
Whatever happens now it is going to get really dirty imo
So far eu has outsmarted us so far, albeit with our own help
But the GE must come eventually?
We must express ourselves then!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 05:23 PM

Job Done
And you think her majesty will allow her bastion to be taken apart?
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Job Done
Getting really desperate now! However, in response to these points:-

1. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (your source states “Ireland” , which is an independent country) already have devolution even though the Northern Irish one is suspended at the moment. What does “our government “ mean? There is a UK one and it is up to the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Ireland people to decide if they want to remain in the UK.

2. See above.

3. England is not a sovereign state so this statement doesn’t make sense.

Job far from done - sorry.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
A tad extreme I think ... but anything would help
Actually I have often thought about that. Scotland gets its Independence, Give Wales and Northern Ireland the opportunity too.

Problem solved. Our former Unionist friendly neighbours would be happy. London would still remain the wealthy world Finance centre, our former unionist friends would no longer have to put up with the oft accusation of leeching off England, would be free to stand on their own, We would have more money in the coffers to ensure Hospitals, Surgeries, Education, Housing and Social Care would all benefit. The same for the other three with their own responsibility for their economies. We would be too insignificant in the EU'S eyes to worry about.

Nice idea. Where do I go to put my signature to a Petition to get this started? I bet May, weedeek and Roxy's name would be there before mine!.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
3. England is not a sovereign state so this statement doesn’t make sense.

England is not an EU Member State either.

It is the United Kingdom that is a member state

When the United Kingdom no longer exists that member state no longer exists. End of.

England simply drops out of the EU by default.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:46 PM

England is not an EU Member State either.

It is the United Kingdom that is a member state

When the United Kingdom no longer exists that member state no longer exists. End of.

England simply drops out of the EU by default.
Scotland asked to remain in 2016. In hindsight, it would have been easier to have granted their wish. Now it benefits england you are prepared to give them what they asked for? Typical!
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:57 PM

why doesn't Boris just delay giving the bill to the Queen? I thought he didn't have to or could advise her not to sign it? (maybe that's what he's doing over there for dinner tonight!) Then close parliament Tuesday? I thought that was the day but a reporter mentioned Thursday on the news.

I hope though things don't get as violent as in Hong Kong if we don't leave on 31st as I'm sure people would have been watching all that going off too and noted that the chinese govt has backed down over their decision to export people to mainland china for trials or prison?? ...so kind of reinforcing that their violent riots were successful in the end cos they got the govt to change their mind.

Is staying in the EU gonna be any worse than being taken over by the US? At least we still have an NHS!!! .. we won't have for much longer after Trump gets his grubby hands on the UK. How will it be cheaper if Govt are going to have to find money for farmers they would have previously got from EU subsidies?

Will our police have guns like US police eventually? I don't want to live in a country where my neighbours can have guns in their houses and not be able to afford any healthcare! Do we not have enough problems with knife crimes?

We have high food standards and human rights! ..and disability rights what will happen to them, if people no longer have the right to go above UK govt heads for cases of discrimination?

They should ask the country again before the 31st now people understand what they are voting for and be clearer this time..not just leave or stay.. leave with deal,
leave no deal,
stay in EU,
cancel brexit altogether!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-09-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
They should ask the country again before the 31st now people understand what they are voting for and be clearer this time..not just leave or stay.. leave with deal,
leave no deal,
stay in EU,
cancel brexit altogether!
Are you saying that you, and people you know, were not quite understanding the nature of a brexit? And you are now better informed?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top