Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Electricity bills

Ok I am up for a new tariff but I cannot contact my electricity company .
Phoning up you get a robotic message saying go on line or wait
( forever it would seem)

I don't know if my tariff is good or bad and I dread the thought of changing suppliers .

How does anyone else manage their bills ?

At the moment I pay by direct debit and everything is done online .

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Re: Electricity bills

have you looked on "go compare" to see what other companies are offering? It often actually pays to say you are going to change companies and then they offer a reduction on their original quote to keep you
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ok I am up for a new tariff but I cannot contact my electricity company .
Phoning up you get a robotic message saying go on line or wait
( forever it would seem)

I don't know if my tariff is good or bad and I dread the thought of changing suppliers .

How does anyone else manage their bills ?

At the moment I pay by direct debit and everything is done online .

Oh no.......not the MUSIC! I hate the Music.....

I changed from npower because their website and service was rubbish and joined British Gas for duel fuel....I pay my bills every three months by card online....I can't be doing with two of us drawing money out of the same account...Bugger that! So I never change suppliers, life's too short and I just can't be arsed....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 09:57 PM

I changed from NP when I got a commiseration letter from them about my death and then a payment demand from my estate to settle the outstanding bills.

Needless to say i didn't know i was dead and rang them up to tell them so. Demanded compensation for the distress it caused and apology which I got
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 11:17 PM

Pick a comparison website, or try several and choose your favourite, they will do it all for you. We've changed 2 or 3 times without problem.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 11:53 PM

My electric retailer has a call back system when there is a queue, you just enter your number followed by the ubiquitous hash and they call you back when you reach the head of the queue.

In fact I think all the utilities do it (not 100% sure on that because I haven't rung them all personally). If they don't offer that service whinge like f* until they do because there is no excuse not to.

The only problem is that by the time they call you back you have forgotten what you rang them for in the first place.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Pick a comparison website, or try several and choose your favourite, they will do it all for you. We've changed 2 or 3 times without problem.
That's the way I do it, too - additionally, I have found Which? magazine helpful in making a final decision .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My electric retailer has a call back system when there is a queue, you just enter your number followed by the ubiquitous hash and they call you back when you reach the head of the queue.

In fact I think all the utilities do it (not 100% sure on that because I haven't rung them all personally). If they don't offer that service whinge like f* until they do because there is no excuse not to.

The only problem is that by the time they call you back you have forgotten what you rang them for in the first place.
And just like ordering stuff online, you're tied to the house, either eating your dinner or having a shower when they call you back or deliver a parcel. Another day wasted....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I changed from npower because their website and service was rubbish and joined British Gas for duel fuel....
Did they have a fight over it??
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 10:52 AM

I'm with SSE online ,pay by direct debit monthly for dual fuel
I can speak to an agent at any time without any hassle.
They offer me different packages .I usually take their advice on which is best for me . Last I was on was a 3 year fixed tariff ,now I'm on a 2 year one .
As another member remarked life's too short to be messing about changing to this company then that .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top