Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 01:31 PM

Re: Quick solution?

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The next to last paragraph on the link states : The governor of the Bank of England admitted yesterday: “Advancements In preparations for a No Deal No Transition scenario mean that the Bank’s assessment of a worst-case No Deal No Transition scenarios has become less severe.”
How about that for a turnaround ?

Mr Watts explained that the UK could refuse to nominate a European Commissioner. This would break the rules of EU membership and result in the UK being removed from the EU.
Yes, the consequences from number 4 tornado are less severe than from a number 5.

Boris hasn't send a commisioner. It was in the papers, even in the times, so the governer should know that. But since you are a leaving member, it is of no consequence. When do you start checking facts before posting?
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Scotland asked to remain in 2016. In hindsight, it would have been easier to have granted their wish. Now it benefits england you are prepared to give them what they asked for? Typical!
That's nothing new for England their arrogance is what makes them so loveable to the rest of the world
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
No worries, Kent is the Garden of England

I thought one of the underpinning principles of Brexit was net contributors not having to fund and support net takers. Shropshire is a net taker

I suppose if there were to be a SExit then we could alwzys provide under national aid to Shropshire and other struggling areas but therein lies a problem in that brexiteers are also opposed to international aid so therefore their principles would not allow them to accept it

Although hypothetical, an independent London and the SE would probably be an eminently viable proposition within Europe
Aahh, Of course, all Shires are net takers, we are all farming folk. However, I should let it be known that it is not the tenant farmers who reap anything from the EU. Only the rich landowners ever see any of that money.

But if it came to what's mine and what's yours, we would be fine thanks. You seriously underrate people from the Shires. We are made of strong stock. We were supposedly already eating fresh eggs, meat and fruit shortly after the war, of which was completely unavailable to those in the South. (understandably poor London excepted, of course). So we are well able to look after our own thanks.

Bring it on. where's my pitchfork?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Aahh, Of course, all Shires are net takers, we are all farming folk. However, I should let it be known that it is not the tenant farmers who reap anything from the EU. Only the rich landowners ever see any of that money.

But if it came to what's mine and what's yours, we would be fine thanks. You seriously underrate people from the Shires. We are made of strong stock. We were supposedly already eating fresh eggs, meat and fruit shortly after the war, of which was completely unavailable to those in the South. (understandably poor London excepted, of course). So we are well able to look after our own thanks.

Bring it on. where's my pitchfork?
Currently, financial support for the agricultural sector comes from our participation in the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). This makes EU funds available to reimburse, fully or in part, the support payments the UK government makes to the sector.
Defra*and the devolved administrations are preparing domestic legislation (under the Withdrawal Act) to ensure the UK has the ability in law to continue operation of payments in a ‘no-deal’ scenario. This legislation preserves the EU law as it currently stands, and ‘fixes’ the legislation so that it is operable after the UK leaves the EU.

The domestic legislation will require beneficiaries to conform to the same standards as they do currently, to receive payments. This will include on-site inspections to UK farms receiving payments, which will continue as normal.

All of these rules and processes will remain the same until*Defra*and the devolved administrations introduce new agriculture policies, either through the Agriculture Bill, or an Agriculture Bill in one or more of the devolved parliaments.

The government has pledged to continue to commit the same cash total in funds for farm support until the end of this parliament, expected in 2022. https://www.gov.uk/government/public...no-brexit-deal

Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
.... shouting at the rain
On the contrary, just exploring the possibilities of extrapolating some of the oft cited Brexit mantras to their ultimate solution.

Suffolk being a county of takers rather than contributors would in that extrapolation would not make the cut

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top