Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:47 PM

Re: Judgement Day for Bercow

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Yes Boris Should Go but he won’t resign as he lacks the integrity to act with any decorum or moral fortitude
In contrast to bercow, who has stated that he will move on to the house of lords at next GE. With a well deserved peerage.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:57 PM

Well, we have just heard Bercow put a taster before the traitorous opposition parties. ''If you vote for a general election today, I will resign immediately at the end of Parliament today. If you vote against a general election, then I will stay until 31st October and resign on that day''.

What a vile little pygmy! No matter which date he has bribed them with, he is an utter COWARD because he knows he will be out on his ear anyway as he will have a Tory candidate running against him.
Cluck Cluck, Cluck Cluck.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, we have just heard Bercow put a taster before the traitorous opposition parties. ''If you vote for a general election today, I will resign immediately at the end of Parliament today. If you vote against a general election, then I will stay until 31st October and resign on that day''.

What a vile little pygmy! No matter which date he has bribed them with, he is an utter COWARD because he knows he will be out on his ear anyway as he will have a Tory candidate running against him.
Cluck Cluck, Cluck Cluck.

Yep, they are all cowards.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 04:36 PM

Hi

Bercow is standing down.

It is not a given that he will be replaced by a Brexiteer, that is for Parliament to decide.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 04:48 PM

In the words of Nigel Farrage @ GOOD RIDDANCE@

I tend to agree with that honest comment
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 06:40 PM

I note that the obnoxious little creep will stay on until the bitter end, just to ensure that we will never see a Brexit...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
In the words of Nigel Farrage @ GOOD RIDDANCE@

I tend to agree with that honest comment
I agree that the UK doesn't deserve a man like john bercow.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:22 PM

This says it all...
Guy Verhofstadt

John Bercow is a driven speaker and gifted orator but above all the keeper of the great British parliamentary tradition. I would love if we could welcome him in the European Commission or European Parliament 😉
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:25 PM

So if there is no election before 31st October Bercow will then stand down as speaker

I assume that Parliament must then appoint a new speaker

If the Conservatives are still in a minority what’s to stop a new speaker from a safe remain seat being appointed?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-09-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
So if there is no election before 31st October Bercow will then stand down as speaker

I assume that Parliament must then appoint a new speaker

If the Conservatives are still in a minority what’s to stop a new speaker from a safe remain seat being appointed?
It might even be a speaker who was formerly labour. Depends on the candidates, and his or HERs manifesto.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top