Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:27 AM

Reading other people's phone calls?

Can there me many lower dirty tricks then forcing your Government competitors to release all their phone calls, and messages, leading up to a major decision?

George Orwell would be laughing his socks off!

I can see why there might be a need to do this in the name of National Security but when it is used to try to win a public argument, it must be despicable?

Can you visualise all of the non Brexit stuff that mighty now appear in the gutter press?

Naturally the Remainers, who will be poring over it all, will be too professional to leak it to the papers!
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:32 AM

Re: Reading other people's phone calls?

Would be interesting to get the same disclosure from the Remainers, to see the extent of their collusion with their puppet masters in Brussels
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
Would be interesting to get the same disclosure from the Remainers, to see the extent of their collusion with their puppet masters in Brussels
I guess that they would, rapidly, get the EU lawyers to declare that illegal!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Can there me many lower dirty tricks then forcing your Government competitors to release all their phone calls, and messages, leading up to a major decision?

I can see why there might be a need to do this in the name of National Security but when it is used to try to win a public argument, it must be despicable?

Can you visualise all of the non Brexit stuff that mighty now appear in the gutter press?

Naturally the Remainers, who will be poring over it all, will be too professional to leak it to the papers!
My sentiments exactly Tedc. I thought I had seen the best of the flotsam that has disgracefully taken over the running this country, but this lot have surpassed themselves.

They are literally being allowed free reign, with the full cooperation of that despicable little Napoleon speaker, to run amok.
They simply do not know the meaning of a ''step too far'' because at this present time, instead of being separate parties with their own principles, they have united in their quest to bring the government down, and consumed with power. They must surely to God know that they are going way over the top by picking on young new junior staff by demanding that they hand over all of their personal phones for their despicable prying eyes to be able to read all of their personal details.

It's an absolute shameful disgrace.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:07 PM

Remainers are desperate to over turn the proroguing of parliament... I reckon they know that the Benn Bill won't survive a legal challenge or Boris can have it amended so it's useless.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Newspapers do it all the time. It's called the Freedom of Information (Act). Remember, it gives you (by extension) the possibility to hold your mps to account.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Newspapers do it all the time. It's called the Freedom of Information (Act). Remember, it gives you (by extension) the possibility to hold your mps to account.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My sentiments exactly Tedc. I thought I had seen the best of the flotsam that has disgracefully taken over the running this country, but this lot have surpassed themselves.

They are literally being allowed free reign, with the full cooperation of that despicable little Napoleon speaker, to run amok.
They simply do not know the meaning of a ''step too far'' because at this present time, instead of being separate parties with their own principles, they have united in their quest to bring the government down, and consumed with power. They must surely to God know that they are going way over the top by picking on young new junior staff by demanding that they hand over all of their personal phones for their despicable prying eyes to be able to read all of their personal details.

It's an absolute shameful disgrace.
Yes Cummings is a disgrace
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Hi

A personal view.

Cummings has changed the Rules.

The Rules where very simple any leaks which could have been an offence are investigated by your Enforcement Agencies.

They, and only they, should have access to private communications.

A decision is then made on the content and only those relevant to any offence are used.

Anything else is not released, it remains private.

Arranging a dogging session with the Vicars Wife is nothing to do with things at all, completely private and never to be disclosed.

Dominic Cummings broke the rules, he is not an Enforcement Officer, never been elected, just a complete Prat.

He demanded and got access to not only the official phone, but also the Private Phone of an employee.

He is not bound by the rules of disclosure.

His choice, he has set the standard, Boris and Co must now disclose all theirs.

I think this is just plain wrong.

Been there, done that, a complete Non Entity as regards any decisions, but you simply do not publicise what Politicians say in private.

That is a total breach of trust.

You may violently disagree with it, as I have from time to time, but you never, ever disclose things.

They are elected by you and me.

I was never elected, just an employee.

It was never my place to overrule or criticise those we elected in Public.

That is democracy for you.

Having said that, I will make an exception.

Dianne Abbott would be a total disaster as Home Secretary.

I would rather lose my pension than have her in charge.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

They, and only they, should have access to private communications.

A decision is then made on the content and only those relevant to any offence are used.

Anything else is not released, it remains private.

Arranging a dogging session with the Vicars Wife is nothing to do with things at all, completely private and never to be disclosed.

Dominic Cummings broke the rules, he is not an Enforcement Officer, never been elected, just a complete Prat.

He demanded and got access to not only the official phone, but also the Private Phone of an employee.

He is not bound by the rules of disclosure.

His choice, he has set the standard, Boris and Co must now disclose all theirs.

I think this is just plain wrong.

Been there, done that, a complete Non Entity as regards any decisions, but you simply do not publicise what Politicians say in private.

That is a total breach of trust.

You may violently disagree with it, as I have from time to time, but you never, ever disclose things.

They are elected by you and me.

I was never elected, just an employee.

It was never my place to overrule or criticise those we elected in Public.

That is democracy for you.

Having said that, I will make an exception.

Dianne Abbott would be a total disaster as Home Secretary.

I would rather lose my pension than have her in charge.

You confuse a criminal investigation with freedom of information.

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides public access to information held by public authorities.

It does this in two ways:

public authorities are obliged to publish certain information about their activities; and
members of the public are entitled to request information from public authorities.

The Act covers any recorded information that is held by a public authority in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and by UK-wide public authorities based in Scotland. Information held by Scottish public authorities is covered by Scotland’s own Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Public authorities include government departments, local authorities, the NHS, state schools and police forces.

Recorded information includes printed documents, computer files, letters, emails, photographs, and sound or video recordings.
https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...s-the-foi-act/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top