Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:05 AM

The KEY points of Cameron's EU deal are up for debate.

The key points of the deal are:
An "emergency brake" on migrants' in-work benefits for four years when there are "exceptional" levels of migration. The UK will be able to operate the brake for seven years

Child benefit for the children of EU migrants living overseas will now be paid at a rate based on the cost of living in their home country - applicable immediately for new arrivals and from 2020 for the 34,000 existing claimants

The amending of EU treaties to state explicitly that references to the requirement to seek ever-closer union "do not apply to the United Kingdom", meaning Britain "can never be forced into political integration"

The ability for the UK to enact "an emergency safeguard" to protect the City of London, to stop UK firms being forced to relocate into Europe and to ensure British businesses do not face "discrimination" for being outside the eurozone
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35616768
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:10 AM

Re: The KEY points of Cameron's EU deal are up for debate.

I am with Nigel

UKIP leader Nigel Farage tweeted: "This is a truly pathetic deal. Let's Leave the EU, control our borders, run our own country and stop handing £55m every day to Brussels. I believe in Britain. We are good enough to be an independent, self-governing nation outside of the EU. This is our golden opportunity."
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:13 AM

So what do you think about the deal Meg...good, bad or what ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:15 AM

Child benefit for the children of EU migrants living overseas will now be paid at a rate based on the cost of living in their home country - applicable immediately for new arrivals and from 2020 for the 34,000 existing claimants
With 28 member states all with different benefit systems, this one new ruling alone is going to be very difficult and costly for our DWP to enforce.
I understand from previous discussions I heard it will cost so much to administer the new ruling, no savings will be made.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

20-02-2016, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
So what do you think about the deal Meg...good, bad or what ?
Malcolm after Ted Heath took us into the Common Market in 1973 I thought we were signing up to a trading group not a second parliament taking vast amounts of money to administer with the ability to determine how this country is run and to make laws that take precedent over those of our own government .

When Harold Wilson's government held the Referendum in 1975 on continuing British membership of the Common Market I voted out and nothing including 'food mountains' the C.A.P, fishing policy, or economic migrants with a right to come here regardless of if they have a job or the necessary skills to obtain one has changed my mind since .

So any deal would have had to be exceptional to convince me to stay in.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:36 AM

Azz someone said last night on the telly.
Cameron went out shopping for a loaf, and came back with crumbs!
So even more now, it is OUT for me!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Malcolm after Ted Heath took us into the Common Market in 1973 I thought we were signing up to a trading group not a second parliament taking vast amounts of money to administer with the ability to determine how this country is run and to make laws that take precedent over those of our own government .

When Harold Wilson's government held the Referendum in 1975 on continuing British membership of the Common Market I voted out and nothing including 'food mountains' the C.A.P, fishing policy, or economic migrants with a right to come here regardless of if they have a job or the necessary skills to obtain one has changed my mind since .

So any deal would have had to be exceptional to convince me to stay in.
May I respectfully suggest that your criteria there has NOT been met Meg.
So you know what to do now, don't you?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:51 AM

The "deal" is a complete joke and any of these "agreements", even if they amounted to anything substantial could apparently be dismissed by the European Parliament after Yes vote anyway, completely Pathetic...

As they would say on Dragon's Den, "I'm out"
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:52 AM

I am struggling to decide. My heart says that I want us to control our own country and it annoys me when a group of people in Europe have any say on whether pasties can be called Cornish pasties...or any other sort of food names. If they have nothing better to do, what a waste of time!
My head is saying that we may suffer financially, if we leave, but I cannot be sure so I feel that it is more like putting your money on a roulette table, on red or black, and hoping you have made the right decision.
I have always enjoyed a gamble so, at the moment, I suspect I will be voting to leave..... but we will need to have stronger politicians who are more concerned about their country than holding on to their jobs, and I am not sure we have any at the moment!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

20-02-2016, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The "deal" is a complete joke and any of these "agreements", even if they amounted to anything substantial could apparently be dismissed by the European Parliament after Yes vote anyway, completely Pathetic...

As they would say on Dragon's Den, "I'm out"
Me too my friend.
It really is a no brainer!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top