Join for free
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:57 AM

Osborne's Ambtion

I see that our illustrious Chancellor has backed down from his plan of Pensions reform. Seems his affluent buddies were not keen on the idea and it might have harmed his hopes of replacing Cameron on top of the midden.
http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...pension-reform
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 12:49 PM

Re: Osborne's Ambtion

And of course it wouldn't have looked good for him if he had to stand next to his Flashman buddy Dave smiling into the camera's for the electorate that he had just cheated out of money - with the forthcoming EU Referendum looming, would it?
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 12:54 PM

It's a really good encouragement for petitions, isn't it? They've been sending out all kind of sneers and telling us it's a waste of time signing and that they do no good but it's evidently just another lie because they do work. They hate them because if there are 80,000 signatures, they have to discuss it in Parliament.

Keep signing folks!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 12:58 PM

I think both Cameron and Osborne will both go down in history as failed politicians, who had a golden opportunity to set the country to rights but squandered that opportunity on the altar of self aggrandisement...
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 01:12 PM

History is written by the winners and, at the moment, current events and narratives are being controlled by multi-millioniare tax-dodgers, for whom this government is god given. Those two self-serving liars will probably go down as heroic martyrs to Marxist ideology.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 01:48 PM

Hi

It id just plain wrong that pensions for the average attract 20% Tax Relief and those for the higher paid attract 40% Tax Relief.

I am very disappointed that Osbourne has backed down, he should have continued,

I am not surprised by comments from the Labour supporters on here, they seem to forget that Blair and Brown did absolutely naff all to address this issue when they were in power for all those years.

They never even bothered to try.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 01:53 PM

Don't run away with the idea that this has gone away, Just until after the Referendum.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 02:09 PM

I was just going to say don't anyone breathe a sigh of relief prematurely.

I can't find the link now but a few days ago it was it the news.
Next year there is to be a review of the current State Pension system (again) ... including raising the age of retirement at a quicker rate than initially planned.
It could affect anyone who retires after 2028.

That'll be me after the last age hike I don't retire till 2029.
moreover
North Wales, UK

05-03-2016, 02:13 PM

My builder friend is 56 and was looking forward to relief for his painful knees in 10 years time. Thanks to this bunch who've never done a real day's work in their lives, it will be 20. If he's still going then.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
My builder friend is 56 and was looking forward to relief for his painful knees in 10 years time. Thanks to this bunch who've never done a real day's work in their lives, it will be 20. If he's still going then.
Hi

It is not thanks to "this bunch" at all.

All Political Parties have known for over 20 years that we are living longer and NI would have to be drastically increased.

Not one of them were prepared to do this.

Blair was advised as soon as he came to power, he did naff all.

Ni should have been raised by 3% when he came to power, if he had have done, we would not be in this mess.

We are in this mess because of decades of financial mismanagement.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top