Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 12:28 PM

Brexit Bribes

So TM is offering money to the North ( by which she means the North of England of course). She bought the DUP previously but surely people down there can recognise a bribe for what it is!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 12:45 PM

Re: Brexit Bribes

About time more money went to the North of England, I think many in the South can't see past Watford.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 01:20 PM

The expression "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't" springs to mind.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
About time more money went to the North of England, I think many in the South can't see past Watford.
Damned right. Too long has Northern England been denied money and investment in favour of London and the South-East. The much vaunted `Northern Powerhouse` never materialised so alleged bribe or not, any investment up here would be welcomed.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
The expression "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't" springs to mind.
Very true, I was just about to put that myself and saw you had beaten me to it.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 03:23 PM

Do you all really trust Westminster to deliver continued investment once they have bought the support? I fear it will go the same way as the Scottish Vow that bought No votes in the last independence referendum.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 04:51 PM

So what do you want weedeek? The North to say "No thanks, you can't bribe us like that?" As far as I'm concerned, although I have nothing but contempt for politicians, the North has been so disgracefully left out of badly needed investment over the years by all parties, any money should be welcomed, not shunned.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 05:19 PM

It's a pity the north isn't getting more
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

04-03-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
So what do you want weedeek? The North to say "No thanks, you can't bribe us like that?" As far as I'm concerned, although I have nothing but contempt for politicians, the North has been so disgracefully left out of badly needed investment over the years by all parties, any money should be welcomed, not shunned.
Don’t want anything SG! I agree the North of England deserves investment but it should be a matter of continuous Government policy, NOT as part of a bribe to get TMs Brexit over the line. Folks even further north than “The North” have seen what Westminster promises mean.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
So TM is offering money to the North ( by which she means the North of England of course). She bought the DUP previously but surely people down there can recognise a bribe for what it is!

The pot is split into £1bn, divided in England using a needs-based formula, and £600m communities can bid for.

More than half of the money, to be spread over seven years, will go to the north of England and the Midlands.

That (if my calculator is right) works out to £7.143m per year.
What an insult! The north needs the money AND the money it has lost since 2010.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top