Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 08:56 PM

Re: Brexit Bribes

Originally Posted by itsme ->
The pot is split into £1bn, divided in England using a needs-based formula, and £600m communities can bid for.

More than half of the money, to be spread over seven years, will go to the north of England and the Midlands.

That (if my calculator is right) works out to £7.143m per year.
What an insult! The north needs the money AND the money it has lost since 2010.
It's a down payment and I believe there will be more initiatives to redress the imbalance between North and South.......And the reason its for England is because Holyrood has devolved powers for this sort of thing Nth of the Border.

I hope the emerging Borderlands Initiative being formulated between Northunberland and The Scottish Borders will see more investment here in the Borders.........God knows we need it!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 09:07 PM

Re: Brexit Bribes

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
It's a down payment and I believe there will be more initiatives to redress the imbalance between North and South.......And the reason its for England is because Holyrood has devolved powers for this sort of thing Nth of the Border.

I hope the emerging Borderlands Initiative being formulated between Northunberland and The Scottish Borders will see more investment here in the Borders.........God knows we need it!

And the evidence for it being a 'down payment' is where???

And NI has already got its billion.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top