Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 04:44 PM

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur Game Tonight?

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
One of my sons and grandsons managed to get legitimate tickets for the match. They set off for Madrid last night. Not a football fan myself but my son has been Liverpool supporter since he was about ten.
EZ, l bet it will be a brilliant game, weren’t they lucky to get tickets. I know there were only so many tickets issued.

I’m not sure why it is being held abroad though?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 04:56 PM

I've just tried the BT YouTube channel - quality was OK, so I tried "casting" it to my TV and it was still OK ..... so there's another choice .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I’m not sure why it is being held abroad though?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_U...Host_selection

For the first time, UEFA launched an open bidding process to select the venues of the club competition finals (UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Women's Champions League and UEFA Super Cup). The bidding process was opened on 9 December 2016 and associations were given until 27 January 2017 to express interest and 6 June 2017 to submit bid dossiers to UEFA.

UEFA announced on 3 February 2017 that the associations of Azerbaijan and Spain had expressed interest in hosting the Champions League final. On 7 June 2017, UEFA confirmed that they submitted bids for the 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, with Azerbaijan proposing the 68,700-seat Baku Olympic Stadium and Spain proposing the then-unfinished Wanda Metropolitano, which would hold 67,000 spectators. The bid evaluation report was published by UEFA on 14 September 2017. The Wanda Metropolitano was selected as the venue by the UEFA Executive Committee on 20 September 2017, while the Baku Olympic Stadium was successful in its bid to host the 2019 UEFA Europa League Final.
As usual, money and politics will have had much to do with the selections .....

Other FMs will be far more conversant with UEFA's "inner workings" .....
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 05:20 PM

Two English teams in the final ,great but how many English players in these English teams.
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not a big fan of football, l prefer watching Rugby.

Tonight, Liverpool are playing Tottenham Hotspur in the EUFA Champions League Final In Madrid but it’s only being televised on BT sport channel.
What l want to know, is there any other way of viewing this game without going to a pub?
i will be watching it online for free there are plenty sites streaming the game live
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 06:06 PM

Apparantly it's possible to watch it on chrome cast but don't ask me how .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

01-06-2019, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Apparantly it's possible to watch it on chrome cast but don't ask me how .
With Chromecast, I can select virtually anything (audio/video/photo) from my pc or phone and "cast" (get it to play/display) it to my TV and use my phone as a remote comtrol

Once the software is set up, then any pc/phone selection will offer the option of being played/displayed on a preferred device at the click of a "button".

AFAIK, the Chromecast "plug-in" for TVs is still less than £30 - well worth it .....
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 06:22 PM

I've got it on my TV, streaming through Youtube, started at 6pm. Only problem is, they got that bloody Gary Lineker involved. Does'nt he get enough money from the Beeb!? Still, just glad to be able to see the game.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

01-06-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I've got it on my TV, streaming through Youtube, started at 6pm. Only problem is, they got that bloody Gary Lineker involved. Does'nt he get enough money from the Beeb!? Still, just glad to be able to see the game.
I'm doing YouTube/TV, too .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 09:06 PM

I don’t believe it!
I was watching the match on YouTube on my iPad. The screen was very small and l couldn’t enlarge it.
It was half-time so l turned my television on to see what was on. I then noticed, l can watch YouTube via my new SkyQ box and it was displaying BT Sport and the match.
Great, now l can continue watching it on the large television screen!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top