Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Re: Meat Pies

I forgot to mention..there was a thick layer of cheese on the top of the meat,then the pastry on top...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Thank you,Twink...I tell you...that hot water pastry is so easy to make.

Let me know how you get on,when you make one in the winter.
I will & I would love to hear your different fillings. I like casseroles in the winter & I am thinking of putting a hot pastry crust over the top, rather than making a pie.....Ooh roll on the cold weather!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
..loving the Australian accent....I wish I had one!..
Haha. I'll send you some of mine if you like. In the old days, like maybe pre WW2..There were only 3 Australian accents; City, bush and pretend English. NOw there are lots. Young Australians today, and I mean the city kids, don't speak anything like they did when I was a teenager. Country kids are more broad. The Perth accent is quite a bit different to the Eastern States or Adelaide and Queenslanders are different again. Generally I think Australians have a less drawly, more neutral accent than they used to have. More Mid- Pacific and American influenced. Like listen to Nicole Kidman or Cate Blanchett. It's not just the Hollywood influence. THey all speak like that these days unless they're from the outback. THat twang is quite influenced by the accents of the Indigenous people. Sorry for crapping on but accents fascinate me. I can pick most UK accents, Cornwall, LOndon areas, Scouse, Geordie, Yorkshire etc.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Haha. I'll send you some of mine if you like. In the old days, like maybe pre WW2..There were only 3 Australian accents; City, bush and pretend English. NOw there are lots. Young Australians today, and I mean the city kids, don't speak anything like they did when I was a teenager. Country kids are more broad. The Perth accent is quite a bit different to the Eastern States or Adelaide and Queenslanders are different again. Generally I think Australians have a less drawly, more neutral accent than they used to have. More Mid- Pacific and American influenced. Like listen to Nicole Kidman or Cate Blanchett. It's not just the Hollywood influence. THey all speak like that these days unless they're from the outback. THat twang is quite influenced by the accents of the Indigenous people. Sorry for crapping on but accents fascinate me. I can pick most UK accents, Cornwall, LOndon areas, Scouse, Geordie, Yorkshire etc.
It's all explained here

Back to pies...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 07:14 AM

Looks.lovely Pauline...you should open a pie shop
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:17 PM

That pie looks almost good enough to eat.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:56 PM

Looks yummy Pauline .
grin
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That pie looks almost good enough to eat.

To late,it all gone.

Thanks everyone...sometime this week,I am going to make,chicken,sausage,sage and onion stuffing pie..with a moist onion filling...I will post a pic when I've made it.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'm the only person I know who hates pies.. AND me a Highlander too.
Tried a Forfar Bridie?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

18-07-2019, 03:50 PM

Today I have baked,chicken,leek,bacon,cheese,chicken stock,flour....ingredients in that pie.

The one at the back is,sausage,leek,bacon,chicken stock,flour,tomato purée in that pie.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	10306  

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top