Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 09:45 AM

Re: Please, Can Anyone Recommend A Combination Microwave Oven??

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've got a Bosch combination one it's built into my kitchen units....it's 10 years old now so the model probably isn't available but I recommend Bosch...it's never been any trouble and I use it a lot.
Thank You, summer.
I think Bosh are really good and reliable. I had a Bosh washing machine when l was married.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, summer.
I think Bosh are really good and reliable. I had a Bosh washing machine when l was married.
You called your husband Bosh?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Art , I have the Panasonic Inverter one that lets you do what you’ve explained .Model NN-CT552 W ,it’s the same as Realspeeds who has kindly given you the newer model link .
It gives you the choice to punch the Jacket Potato lettering which asks you if you want to go up or down from 200 grams then it automatically selects cooking time and you simply press start .
Jackets come out with a lovely crisp skin done this way

Thank You, Zuleika.

I have Ummed and Ahhed and wondered did l really need a microwave? I decided, they are always useful and went for the Panasonic NN-CT56JB which l think must be the current model to yours and realspeed’s? It was delivered yesterday.
I got it from John Lewis £178 with 2 years guarantee. I then rang my bank and got another free 2 years guarantee on top.

I did look into the one John recommended but it was a bit smaller than the Panasonic.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-07-2019, 09:59 AM

Thank You to everyone who has recommended and advised me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 10:45 AM

Jacket Potato for tea, then .....

Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, Zuleika.

I have Ummed and Ahhed and wondered did l really need a microwave? I decided, they are always useful and went for the Panasonic NN-CT56JB which l think must be the current model to yours and realspeed’s? It was delivered yesterday.
I got it from John Lewis £178 with 2 years guarantee. I then rang my bank and got another free 2 years guarantee on top.

I did look into the one John recommended but it was a bit smaller than the Panasonic.
I use mine almost every day , heating milk for a coffee , heating soup, canned baked beans , jacket potatoes and I love those new potatoes with herb butter in a bag from Tesco , so yes they’re useful .
Enjoy Art!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-07-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Jacket Potato for tea, then .....

I am afraid not! Omah.

That’s why l have come online tonight, as l need Zuleika or realspeed, to tell me how to do jacket potatoes!

I have only got as far as putting the convection heat on for 5 minutes to remove the oil used for rust protection to be burned off!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:34 AM

Get a cheap standard Microwave, and a few boxes of Mccain frozen jackets, they really are very good
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:55 AM

Do you know I have never ever used a combination microwave I wouldn't know what to do with it so tell me more please Art . I'm all ears
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Do you know I have never ever used a combination microwave I wouldn't know what to do with it so tell me more please Art . I'm all ears
susan, That is like asking me to an A level!

I just use it to do jacket potatoes, my porridge, custard, sauces, defrosting, heating up food, warming plates.
I never used my previous one to its full capacity.

I get a combination microwave, so that l have a choice as you never know when you might need the oven or the grill.
This current model’s recipe book seems better than my previous one.

You are able to use the microwave, grill and oven on their own or, all in conjunction with each other for faster cooking.

It’s just that with this new one, it doesn’t have a button on the front for jacket potatoes. I have to delve into a list of options.

I hope it includes ‘ounces’ as l don’t like grams!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top