Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 02:13 PM

Re: Stay of execution

Originally Posted by Purple lizard ->
I

Oh that's good. Took six weeks for my gas bubble to disappear.
Yes, some of the gases take much longer, and the oil remains where it is and has to be removed at a later operation.

Another interesting situation is that having had any gas or air in the eye precludes the use of anaesthetic gases as long as the bubble remains. Nitrous Oxide, for example, can increase the pressure in the eye by expanding the bubble and cause serious damage. They gave me a wrist band that I must keep on until the air has dispersed/absorbed.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, some of the gases take much longer, and the oil remains where it is and has to be removed at a later operation.

Another interesting situation is that having had any gas or air in the eye precludes the use of anaesthetic gases as long as the bubble remains. Nitrous Oxide, for example, can increase the pressure in the eye by expanding the bubble and cause serious damage. They gave me a wrist band that I must keep on until the air has dispersed/absorbed.
Blimey, not only can't you drive but your Festival season's ruined, too .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 07:01 PM

I’m sorry, JBR but l am another who has only just seen this thread.
It all sounds very intricate but l am glad you are recovering well.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

24-08-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Yep I had a wrist band. Trouble is, I woke up with it on and noone told me I was supposed to keep it on, so I cut it off once I got home
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I’m sorry, JBR but l am another who has only just seen this thread.
It all sounds very intricate but l am glad you are recovering well.
No problem, Angel. Thanks for your kind words.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top