Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:58 PM

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

Never have a Wudden heart.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Is this thread a joke!?
No. No. it isn't.

Just focus and I'm sure you will get there.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:30 PM

My daughter didn’t walk until she was 19 months and her twin brother 20 months - but they were just over six weeks premature so I expect that had something to do with it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My daughter didn’t walk until she was 19 months and her twin brother 20 months - but they were just over six weeks premature so I expect that had something to do with it.
I very much doubt prematurity has anything to do with it. As I said before I was 23 months old before I walked, but I was born three weeks late. Our eldest was also three weeks overdue and didn't walk until she was 18 months old. Our granddaughter was nearly two months premature, but walked when she was about 10/11 months old.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I very much doubt prematurity has anything to do with it. As I said before I was 23 months old before I walked, but I was born three weeks late. Our eldest was also three weeks overdue and didn't walk until she was 18 months old. Our granddaughter was nearly two months premature, but walked when she was about 10/11 months old.
They were in Special Care and we were told by their doctor their development would be behind for a year to a year and a half.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hey Gravitas, Give me a clue.... ls Stoke near East Angular?

Get the child a baby walker or one of those push along walkers with bricks in (coloured wooden ones, not house bricks) and make sure he knows how to pronounce Baddiel when he starts talking!

PS. You couldn’t afford to live where l live.
He had been using a trolley for a week or more before just getting up and walking (on Tuesday) seemingly not walked since.
Gravitas
North England

18-08-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think it is wrong to judge your children by how they compare to other children, because they are all individuals and will accomplish different abilities at different ages.

If you are suggesting that poor parenting holds them back & you are worried about your grandson.... why not make the effort to speed up his abilities up yourself?
One factor is the distance we are apart. The sad thing is my wife does two full days a week looking after my other daughter's (now) 26 month old daughter. She is brilliant at developing a child with remarkable patience and staying power (quite wrecked after a 9 hour shift though).

Sadly the poor little chap doesn't get that start in life. All I can do is prompt my daughter with suggestions, whilst trying not to lecture.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
He had been using a trolley for a week or more before just getting up and walking (on Tuesday) seemingly not walked since.
Maybe he has nothing to walk for.
Stop worrying Gravitas and be patient. If he has done it once he will do it again. Walking is nothing to do with class /social status, although a lot of parents and grandparents try to make it so and get competitive unnecessarily. There is no grand race to see which baby walks first. I have two children. The eldest walked at 10 months (but she was a girl ) and the boy walked at about 15 months. He was a magnificent crawler and got everywhere on his hands and feet - just like a little chimp. Upstairs and downstairs going backwards down - no problem. He managed to get his sister to do just about everything for him and there was no impetus or real need for him to walk upright. He even carried stuff about in his mouth, rather than let his hands leave the floor - primitive or what. But you should see him now.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
One factor is the distance we are apart. The sad thing is my wife does two full days a week looking after my other daughter's (now) 26 month old daughter. She is brilliant at developing a child with remarkable patience and staying power (quite wrecked after a 9 hour shift though).

Sadly the poor little chap doesn't get that start in life. All I can do is prompt my daughter with suggestions, whilst trying not to lecture.
You must not lecture your daughter Gravitas. That would be an awful thing to do to a mum. The main thing for your grandson at this stage of his life is to feel secure and loved.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

18-08-2019, 09:36 PM

Before they started walking, my two used to pull themselves up onto their feet by holding onto the furniture. We used to encourage them to walk to us by clapping our hands and calling them to us. After a while they made their first ‘wobble’ over to us.

Your little grandson will walk when he is ready, Gravitas...

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top