Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 05:20 PM

Re: Out we go !

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Why would they?

Merkel's catastrophic immigration policy for one.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Once we have left, can I ask how long you honestly think the EU will continue? Surely others will follow suit?
Even those outside the EU have banded together. EFTA (norway, iceland, lichtenstein and switserland) was approached by the UK to join. They didn't want you. Out you stay.
It will be lonely this christmas.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Even those outside the EU have banded together. EFTA (norway, iceland, lichtenstein and switserland) was approached by the UK to join. They didn't want you. Out you stay.
You appear to be gloating, Solasch
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 07:13 PM

I think there are more people in the UK leaving the single market than all the people put together in EFTA.

Just saying like....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No, as I have told you before, I quite accept your choice. But do you accept te consequences?

The wine will be French, the beer will be German and the music will be a band playing Vera Lynn's wartime classic We’ll Meet Again.
Thousands of people have signed up for a*Brexit Day*beach party in a*Dutch*village which looks across the North Sea.
Revellers will be able to, quite literally, wave to the UK as it leaves the*EUon 31 October.
“It will be a nice goodbye to a good friend who is going on an exciting adventure, but is perhaps not too bright,” party organiser Ron Toekook told.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9072781.html
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
GOAAT, Certainly goes off at a tangent, very ing.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:25 PM

@Solasch

"Revellers will be able to, quite literally, wave to the UK as it leaves the*EU on 31 October."

It's a Thursday Squire, you'll all be at work the next day, we'll be celebrating Freedom Day our new national holiday.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-08-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
@Solasch

"Revellers will be able to, quite literally, wave to the UK as it leaves the*EU on 31 October."

It's a Thursday Squire, you'll all be at work the next day, we'll be celebrating Freedom Day our new national holiday.
It's Allerheiligen, in large parts still no school etc, so long weekend. All the time in the world to say goodbye to you.
If you put a candle in your window, I will wave goodbye to you. I will light a purple lantern, so you know I am there.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-10-2019, 02:38 PM

It was easy to fool brexiters in 2016. It's still easy now.
All that Barclay has done is to bring into force section 1 of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (EUWA). It says that: “The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed on exit day.” However, the effect of bringing section 1 into effect is decidedly modest. Most importantly — and, given the wording of the section, obviously — bringing that provision into force does not immediately repeal the ECA: rather, it only repeals it on “exit day”. “Exit day” is currently defined by section 20(1) of the Act as 31 October. But other provisions in section 20 enable the definition of “exit day” to be amended if the date of the UK’s departure from the EU changes under EU Law. Indeed, this is precisely what happened when extensions to the Article 50 period were agreed between the UK and the European Council in the spring.

There is no legal reason why this could not happen again — and, crucially, bringing section 1 of the EUWA into force makes absolutely no difference to this point. Whether section 1 is in force or not, it only produces legal effects from “exit day”. It follows that if, for example, Parliament were to require the Government to seek, and if the European Council were to grant, a further Article 50 extension, the definition of “exit day” could be further amended in order to ensure that the ECA was repealed only with effect from the new, later date of the UK’s departure from the EU. This, in turn, means that — contrary to his claim — the Brexit Secretary has not “set in stone” the repeal of the ECA. The EUWA explicitly contemplates that “exit day” can be changed in order to enable it to be aligned with the actual date of the UK’s departure from the EU
Just to show barclay is just a bad a liar as boris. The date will be changed in januari 2020?

Who was it again that believed the words of barclay?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-10-2019, 03:29 PM

It's Allerheiligen, in large parts still no school etc, so long weekend. All the time in the world to say goodbye to you.
If you put a candle in your window, I will wave goodbye to you. I will light a purple lantern, so you know I am there.
I hope you enjoy your celebrations.

The morning after you will be assessing the collateral damage from your fishing industry, ports and exports.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top