Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:38 AM

No Christmas, Thanks Brexit.

https://newsthump.com/2019/08/20/end...b_Z70KBfEXg2HQ
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Re: No Christmas, Thanks Brexit.

Roxy, I'm afraid he will just have to delegate!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:46 AM

Umm he used to get in prior to us joining EU he has always managed to get into the country someway. So can't say I am worried.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:53 AM

I don't think the EU has ever been responsible for the influx of migrant workers to this country as we are not part of the Schengen Agreement, you can thank the last labour government for that.....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:13 AM

Errr, yes they are! Illegal immigrants got in and are still getting in by the EU not stopping them from leaving the first safe port of call as per the EU Dublin agreement which was meant to be as sacrosanct as the Shenghen Agreement.

Trouble is,as per usual, the EU only used it as and when it suited them. There is no way any immigrant should have been allowed to get as far as the Channel coastline and over to us.

As regards migrant workers - no, we cannot stop them, and don't want to if they are of benefit to our economy. but what we didn't ask for, and still don't want, are the European benefit scroungers, pickpocket families and criminals also coming across. We have enough of our own thank you.
The sooner this stops, the better.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Errr, yes they are! Illegal immigrants got in and are still getting in by the EU not stopping them from leaving the first safe port of call as per the EU Dublin agreement which was meant to be as sacrosanct as the Shenghen Agreement.

Trouble is,as per usual, the EU only used it as and when it suited them. There is no way any immigrant should have been allowed to get as far as the Channel coastline and over to us.

As regards migrant workers - no, we cannot stop them, and don't want to if they are of benefit to our economy. but what we didn't ask for, and still don't want, are the European benefit scroungers, pickpocket families and criminals also coming across. We have enough of our own thank you.
The sooner this stops, the better.
Well said!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Roxy, I'm afraid he will just have to delegate!
Yes, to the easter bunny.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Umm he used to get in prior to us joining EU he has always managed to get into the country someway. So can't say I am worried.
But where does santa do his shoppings? And where do the shops get their supplies?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
But where does santa do his shoppings? And where do the shops get their supplies?
Gosh santa doesn't shop he has his elves making the presents. They start in january ans work hard all year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:46 PM

Well he missed my house last year so I'm not too fussed. Does that mean the EU will stop dangling carrots for Rudolph?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top