Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 01:17 AM

Re: is the EU beginning to fall apart?

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
The EU is not an Empire, why can’t you extremely clever folks understand that?
It may not be an Empire but the EU is a very big bloc. One thing Britain has never grasped is that when you play with the big boys you play by the big boy's rules.

It is something Australia has done well when dealing with the USA and now China (though it has to be said slightly less successfully with the latter).

BTW thinking that the EU is falling apart is just wishful thinking, it is clearly not.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It may not be an Empire but the EU is a very big bloc. One thing Britain has never grasped is that when you play with the big boys you play by the big boy's rules.

It is something Australia has done well when dealing with the USA and now China (though it has to be said slightly less successfully with the latter).

BTW thinking that the EU is falling apart is just wishful thinking, it is clearly not.
It is the UK that is falling apart, rapidly I'm afraid, and it has been caused by ignorant short sighted fools.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Why should I give a **** about that?
Hi

That is a very selfish post.

You whinge about what happened to you, but are not bothered about what happened to others.

Get real.

You could not compete in the Global Environment, that is capitalism.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:32 AM

It may not be an Empire in the true meaning of the word but as close as you will get.
An empire is a bloc of several countries being ruled over by just one.
The EU is several countries being ruled over by bureaucrats from various countries who are interested in just one thing. Lining their own pockets at the expense of others.
Not a lot of difference between the two.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Never noticed the last recession, lets hope this one is a none event.
Really? Well this working class saver who did without an awful lot to save for my retirement saw those hard fought for savings halved whilst the bank bosses incomes just got bigger and bigger.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:40 AM

In answer to the OP yes, I think it will.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:46 AM

Hi

The EU, with it's agreements, is the biggest Free Trade Area in the World.

Simple fact of life, it will hurt to leave it.

It is not all about Finance however, it is about more serious principles.

I knew it would hurt to Leave, but so what?

It was a price I was prepared to take.

We must recognise that we must all take our share of the pain, including Pensioners.

The Triple Lock must go, we simply cannot afford it.

I factored that into my decision to Vote Leave.

We have simply not paid in enough to pay for our Pensions, I do not want my kids to pay for mine.

We need a 20% cut in State Pensions.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You mean euthanising lame duck industries that were churning out stuff, often very bad quality stuff such as the dreadful Morris Marina that had to sold at a price considerably less than the cost to manufacture, of the Rover SDi with its shocking finish and lousy design engineering? I had one of them from new. Head lining fell down after a few weeks, radiator fell apart. Transmission stuck in second one day. Got rid of it after less than six months. Thatcher and her government pulled the UK back from the brink.

She also stood up to Scargill's blackmail.
If she had been around today, she'd have kicked the EU dictators in the goolies.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:50 AM

Not for want of trying I would suggest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
It may not be an Empire in the true meaning of the word but as close as you will get.
An empire is a bloc of several countries being ruled over by just one.
The EU is several countries being ruled over by bureaucrats from various countries who are interested in just one thing. Lining their own pockets at the expense of others.
Not a lot of difference between the two.
The EU is as close to an empire as anything. It is a collection of several countries being ruled over by a small group of people - the European Commission. The EU Parliament is nothing more than a nominal elected body that can discuss matters but has no power to implement changes or laws.

It has also been suggested that the EU is effectively controlled by Angela Merkel, with her little yapping puppy, Macron, in support. What she says, it appears, goes.

The European Commission is not democratically elected by the people, so in my opinion it cannot be a democracy. It is the body which effectively rules the EU and its member countries. Individual member countries must abide by its decisions and its legal authority, the ECJ.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top