Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Don't Even Go There Boris!

No, No, No, Boris! One sure way to score an own goal is for him to take the advice of Dominic Cummins and call an election for the middle of October, around the same time as the EU Summit takes place. His reason? To let the EU know that he is prepared to do this to ensure he is serious about taking us out with or without a deal. Warning, Soundbite Alert for the gullible!

Boris should be quickly advised this is a very unwise path to choose. He is already walking a tightrope with Leavers placing their trust in him to deliver Brexit in all of its entirety. Most Leave voters loyalty lies with Nigel and the Brexit Party as the only party they believe would deliver the pure Brexit as we voted for. However, it is Boris who holds all the cards by being the one who is in the power seat at the moment, and able to deliver Brexit, hence the ONLY reason people have switched to backing him to do just that.

Does he really believe therefore Leavers are going to vote for him in a General election half-way through October, before he has actually even given us Brexit? That we are going to put him into office for five whole years before we have even witnessed what type of Brexit he has planned for us if there is a deal? a deal I might add, which we would know nothing about?

We Leavers, are so used to being betrayed by those who purport to be in our corner when it comes to delivering Brexit, (I don’t have to mention names), so Boris, who remember, backed the WA in the last round, would have nothing concrete to show leavers the type of Brexit we can expect, yet he asks us to place our trust in him by voting for him rather than Nigel in a General Election if he calls one, before he even delivers on Brexit. . I THINK NOT!

He is delusional if he thinks he has 100% backing for a GE in October. Does he really think we are that gullible? The way I see it, No Brexit, No Boris! The sooner some wise person puts that into the mix and he takes it in, the better. We simply do not trust him. What would there be to stop him asking for yet another few years extension and Brexit completely fudged. NOTHING!

It’s very easy to come out with soundbite after soundbite, we should know that with Treason May. Talk the big talk but do bugger all.
He is also crazy if he thinks we will vote him in with a majority where he is then untouchable and in a position to water down Brexit in whichever way he chooses as he would no longer be at risk to his Prime Minister’s position.

Dream on!.

Boris is on a sticky wicket if he does go ahead with this stupid plan. He will be in danger of letting Labour or LibDems in because I can guarantee Nigel will take half, if not more, of his votes. Politicians, in the eyes of Leavers, are a poison challice. He is on such a bounce at the moment, he seems to have forgotten that. He should be reminded.

He can happily call a GE anytime from 1st November AFTER he has delivered Brexit. People will be be quite happy to vote him in for keeping his word, but more importantly, We Leavers will also be able to see exactly what we have in his delivered deal or no deal Brexit.

Before then? Forget it.

Do you agree? or are you convinced Boris can be trusted enough to deliver the Brexit we expect and voted for, by voting for him before he has even delivered it?

P.S Reading this morning that Boris made a solomn vow to sort out Social Care, but has now kicked it into the long grass as it will take a lot longer to sort out.

There we have it. Just as everyone before him has done. All mouth and no trousers. I simply do not trust him to deliver if he has nothing to lose.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 10:49 AM

Re: Don't Even Go There Boris!

You speak for me Shropshiregirl, I would vote for Nigel at every opportunity despite Boris talking the talk. I'm happy to let him do his best for now, but don't ever ask for me to vote for him over Nigel, especially before Boris has done anything...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
No, No, No, Boris! One sure way to score an own goal is for him to take the advice of Dominic Cummins and call an election for the middle of October, around the same time as the EU Summit takes place. His reason? To let the EU know that he is prepared to do this to ensure he is serious about taking us out with or without a deal. Warning, Soundbite Alert for the gullible!

Boris should be quickly advised this is a very unwise path to choose. He is already walking a tightrope with Leavers placing their trust in him to deliver Brexit in all of its entirety. Most Leave voters loyalty lies with Nigel and the Brexit Party as the only party they believe would deliver the pure Brexit as we voted for. However, it is Boris who holds all the cards by being the one who is in the power seat at the moment, and able to deliver Brexit, hence the ONLY reason people have switched to backing him to do just that.

Does he really believe therefore Leavers are going to vote for him in a General election half-way through October, before he has actually even given us Brexit? That we are going to put him into office for five whole years before we have even witnessed what type of Brexit he has planned for us if there is a deal? a deal I might add, which we would know nothing about?

We Leavers, are so used to being betrayed by those who purport to be in our corner when it comes to delivering Brexit, (I don’t have to mention names), so Boris, who remember, backed the WA in the last round, would have nothing concrete to show leavers the type of Brexit we can expect, yet he asks us to place our trust in him by voting for him rather than Nigel in a General Election if he calls one, before he even delivers on Brexit. . I THINK NOT!

He is delusional if he thinks he has 100% backing for a GE in October. Does he really think we are that gullible? The way I see it, No Brexit, No Boris! The sooner some wise person puts that into the mix and he takes it in, the better. We simply do not trust him.

It’s very easy to come out with soundbite after soundbite, we should know that with Treason May. Talk the big talk but do bugger all.
He is also crazy if he thinks we will vote him in with a majority where he is then untouchable and in a position to water down Brexit in whichever way he chooses as he would no longer be at risk to his Prime Minister’s position.

Dream on!.

Boris is on a sticky wicket if he does go ahead with this stupid plan. He will be in danger of letting Labour or LibDems in because I can guarantee Nigel will take half, if not more, of his votes. Politicians, in the eyes of Leavers, are a poison challice. He is on such a bounce at the moment, he seems to have forgotten that. He should be reminded.

He can happily call a GE anytime from 1st November AFTER he has delivered Brexit. People will be be quite happy to vote him in for keeping his word, but more importantly, We Leavers will also be able to see exactly what we have in his delivered deal or no deal Brexit.

Before then? Forget it.

Do you agree? or are you convinced Boris can be trusted enough to deliver the Brexit we expect and voted for, by voting for him before he has even delivered it?

I spoke with Mrs Bread about this yesterday. I'm not convinced he will call a mid October election because if he is serious about us leaving on 31st October, he doesn't need to. Just sit tight and let the clock run out.

My own personal opinion is that the talk of a GE is to flush out the labour (in particular) manifesto before the labour conference. Labour are woefully divided over Brexit and the more the Tories can do to try and force them into a bun fight the better. This will shatter the labour party and move their leave votes towards the Brexit Party and remain to the Lib Dems. If Boris can sign up the first of the USA-UK bilateral trade deals in mid Sep then the tories in the Brexit Party might have enough faith in Boris to return to the fold. If then a GE was called, the tories would clean up, with the Brexit Party taking the leave labour seats, meaning parliament will have a whopping leave majority either way.

At least, that's my theory

Be interested to see what Meg thinks too - you and her are excellent at these sorts of things.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 11:19 AM

You could be right Bread, but then again, Boris could also be accused of being up his own backside and too confident, it could turn around and bite him.

He may also be under the misguided assumption that Leave voters have deserted Nigel's camp and crossed over to the Tories, but I honestly think he would be in for a shock if he calls an election before his has delivered. It is as simple as that. People will automatically think, as I do, that he has delivered nothing, yet wants us to put him in office for a 5-year term, and then put our trust in him to deliver what we expect. But, It simply won't work.

As I am in danger of repeating myself, Leavers are so suspicious of politicians, this will only heighten their fear, just like May, of being betrayed yet again.. So, they will vote in vast numbers for the Brexit party.

The vote of Leavers in a forthcoming General Election is precious. It will be given to Boris willingly by great swathes of Leavers if he delivers on Brexit. Before that? NOPE!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You could be right Bread, but then again, Boris could also be accused of being up his own backside and too confident, it could turn around and bite him.

He may also be under the misguided assumption that Leave voters have deserted Nigel's camp and crossed over to the Tories, but I honestly think he would be in for a shock if he calls an election before his has delivered. It is as simple as that. People will automatically think, as I do, that he has delivered nothing, yet wants us to put him in office for a 5-year term, and then put our trust in him to deliver what we expect. But, It simply won't work.

As I am in danger of repeating myself, Leavers are so suspicious of politicians, this will only heighten their fear, just like May, of being betrayed yet again.. So, they will vote in vast numbers for the Brexit party.

The vote of Leavers in a forthcoming General Election is precious. It will be given to Boris willingly if he delivers on Brexit. Before that? NOPE!

I think every Brexiteer is worried about Boris and how fickle he has been in the past.

I don't see why Boris would call a GE when he doesn't need one to deliver Brexit... maybe there are dark forces at play ...
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Hope that is the case. We shall see.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Splitting the leave vote would be a tragedy and for some reason Brexit party and cons don't seem keen to join together. If he did call an election I can see Brexit not happening.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 12:41 PM

I wouldn't believe more than a fraction of the speculation in the press, I think BJs team will have a carefully worked out strategy with specific moves to cover every eventuality.

Part of that strategy will be to confuse/ 'wrong foot' the opposition taking them away from the real course of action.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-08-2019, 12:52 PM

I truly hope that is their position, Meg. I appreciate a GE in October has been put forward as 1 of 5 plans of action, so I hope it is indeed just a diversional tactic to frustrate opposition Remain MP's, and the EU before 31st October.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wouldn't believe more than a fraction of the speculation in the press, I think BJs team will have a carefully worked out strategy with specific moves to cover every eventuality.

Part of that strategy will be to confuse/ 'wrong foot' the opposition taking them away from the real course of action.
That's my thinking too Meg, to try and unseat the opposition and set off a brexit bun fight to split the party even more so.

Jo Swinson is already saying she would like to work with Tom Watson, totally bypassing the labour leadership and then Dawn Butler is saying she wants a peoples vote with Emily Thornberry with remain on the ballot. McDonnell is on another planet wanting to revoke A50 and Corbyn just doesn't want a tory brexit.

It's all a bit of a shambles.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top