Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 05:37 AM

Re: Lord Wolfsons Excellent Article in the MoS Yesterday

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No I'm not - next sells mens, women and children's clothes as does tesco, sainsburys etc. Its probably more to do with high street rents than anything eu related.

What are you googling up now ? Lord Wolfson used to be a remainer by the way ...

Your clutching at straws again
I hadn’t realised you did not understand demographics. It’s a bit more complex than sex or angel

Retailers target particular demographic groups the see as their customers, most often by social grade as it is an indicator of disposable income

The likes of Next and Zara would most likely target B, C1 & C2 whereas Primark is likelier to target C2, D & E

Next has seen its profits drop and share price fall by 50% since 2016
Zara’s profits are still increasing and H&M has rising sales

Facts are facts

Wolfson is a cock that deserves to be ousted by Next shareholders
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I hadn’t realised you did not understand demographics. It’s a bit more complex than sex or angel

Retailers target particular demographic groups the see as their customers, most often by social grade as it is an indicator of disposable income

The likes of Next and Zara would most likely target B, C1 & C2 whereas Primark is likelier to target C2, D & E

Next has seen its profits drop and share price fall by 50% since 2016
Zara’s profits are still increasing and H&M has rising sales

Facts are facts

Wolfson is a cock that deserves to be ousted by Next shareholders
I know what demographics are, I use them all the time in clinical trials.

In Nexts case they are people aged 0 to 100 that want to spend money on clothes, home furnishings etc that are in the middle spending bracket, above the likes of Primark and below those of the designer shops such as Jack Wills etc. That's quite a broad market and quite rightly so, it's retail and makes good business sense.

I bet NEXT has a huge increase in on-line sales though and its the high street thats taking the hit, like most high street stores such as Debenhams etc.

Pound shops are doing well because they do not sell on line and sell mainly convenience items - and shops like Primark do well because they sell cheap products to the lower end of the market in bulk.

Before you start hurling abuse around and calling people names, get the wider picture and look at other reasons for the cause of decline in certain markets. The High street has been suffering from fall in trade and profits for years due to on-line shopping, supermarkets and high rental costs.

Here you are , from the BBC, complete with the reply to your comments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47649863

By the way, when are you going to answer my questions ?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 08:51 PM

I know what demographics are, I use them all the time in clinical trials.

In Nexts case they are people aged 0 to 100 that want to spend money on clothes, home furnishings etc that are in the middle spending bracket, above the likes of Primark and below those of the designer shops such as Jack Wills etc. That's quite a broad market and quite rightly so, it's retail and makes good business sense.

I bet NEXT has a huge increase in on-line sales though and its the high street thats taking the hit, like most high street stores such as Debenhams etc.

Pound shops are doing well because they do not sell on line and sell mainly convenience items - and shops like Primark do well because they sell cheap products to the lower end of the market in bulk.

Before you start hurling abuse around and calling people names, get the wider picture and look at other reasons for the cause of decline in certain markets. The High street has been suffering from fall in trade and profits for years due to on-line shopping, supermarkets and high rental costs.

Here you are , from the BBC, complete with the reply to your comments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47649863

By the way, when are you going to answer my questions ?
You obviously don’t understand the demographic models retailers employ if that is you understand demographics at all
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 09:17 PM

You obviously don’t understand the demographic models retailers employ if that is you understand demographics at all

I understand them perfectly. You don't, you have to google up what they mean just before you reply.

Are you going to answer my questions yet ?
Banchory
Kent

29-08-2019, 08:46 PM

I understand them perfectly. You don't, you have to google up what they mean just before you reply.

Are you going to answer my questions yet ?
If you understand them perfectly the why did you get it so wrong.

I have answered, you just need read it and comprehend. Are you struggling because it’s more than a one word yes or no answer? You might want to try google translate. Cyrillic might be easier for you
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

29-08-2019, 10:27 PM

If you understand them perfectly the why did you get it so wrong.

I have answered, you just need read it and comprehend. Are you struggling because it’s more than a one word yes or no answer? You might want to try google translate. Cyrillic might be easier for you

You really can't cope with being wrong

Read what I post. You look an idiot - even the bbc backs up my position, your just in denial.

Wheres my answers?
Banchory
Kent

30-08-2019, 05:37 AM

You really can't cope with being wrong

Read what I post. You look an idiot - even the bbc backs up my position, your just in denial.

Wheres my answers?
You should stick to flogging suppositories.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-08-2019, 07:24 AM

You should stick to flogging suppositories.
No answers and wrong wrong wrong

Your so predictable

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top