Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Re: Personal EU Membership

I can remember we did ok before we joined the EU which was rigged anyway
What actually happened and why we went in, I believe, was when the original vote to join was made the government decided that those who did not vote were deemed to be in favour of joining. So together with those who voted to join out wayed the number who didn't.

Talk about a parliament fixing and rigging votes!!!!!!!!!!!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You clearly don't understand the remain mentality. I'm not "religiously" attached to the EU. Just saw leaving as causing the kind of chaos that we see now. Complete and utter shambles in case you hadn't noticed.

https://uk.reuters.com/business/economy
I wonder who's dirty hands are responsible for same?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What actually happened and why we went in, I believe, was when the original vote to join was made the government decided that those who did not vote were deemed to be in favour of joining. So together with those who voted to join out wayed the number who didn't.

I will never surprise me eventually things will come out about many of these remain MPs because you'd imagine anyone in that job would want as much power as possible to do their job and change the country to what they want it to be, instead they argue for less power and someone to tell them what to do. All seems very fishy to me. People also talk about leavers being rich etc but the super rich seem to be remainers who are still plotting to stop us leaving.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I will never surprise me eventually things will come out about many of these remain MPs because you'd imagine anyone in that job would want as much power as possible to do their job and change the country to what they want it to be, instead they argue for less power and someone to tell them what to do. All seems very fishy to me. People also talk about leavers being rich etc but the super rich seem to be remainers who are still plotting to stop us leaving.
remainers are mostly virtue signalling middle class snobs. Immigration never affected them because the immigrants couldn't afford to live in the leafy suburbs and drive to work.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
remainers are mostly virtue signalling middle class snobs. Immigration never affected them because the immigrants couldn't afford to live in the leafy suburbs and drive to work.
Yes I find that at work the people in the office are all remainers absolutely aghast anyone voted leave, all the cleaners including all the people not born here voted or wanted to vote leave, we see the problems much more than the people doing the paper work. Interestingly they all have private medical insurance and don't see the problems in the nhs either.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I find that at work the people in the office are all remainers absolutely aghast anyone voted leave, all the cleaners including all the people not born here voted or wanted to vote leave, we see the problems much more than the people doing the paper work. Interestingly they all have private medical insurance and don't see the problems in the nhs either.
That's them alright.

Some of them even want the Euro so they don't get hammered on the exchange rates when they visit their holiday villas in the South of France and the golf courses in Vila Mora

They won't be affected by USA hormone treated beef - they can afford the expensive Argentinian grass fed cuts and British organic chicken from Waitrose.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
That's them alright.

Some of them even want the Euro so they don't get hammered on the exchange rates when they visit their holiday villas in the South of France and the golf courses in Vila Mora

They won't be affected by USA hormone treated beef - they can afford the expensive Argentinian grass fed cuts and British organic chicken from Waitrose.
Very true and why I find it odd when people say it's rich leavers causing all the problems and that rich leavers don't care about workers etc, well they feel more on my side than the remainers do I have to say.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

You were called the sick man of europe in 1973. You fully recuperated with the help if the EU. Now brexit has brought a disease to your democracy, and will make you again the sick woman of europe.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	poor_britannia.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	10599  
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
A slow down in the economy is not chaos and is not a shambles, you muppet.

God knows how you must react when you break a finger nail, lol!
Thank you for yet another charming post Kermit!

The economic uncertainty, confusion about future trading relations and fall in the pound, shares etc is just one part of the shambles, but a very important part because it's affecting our current and future prosperity. The political mess is another. The total disorganisation of the whole process has been beyond what I expected. Each side can point fingers at the other but it should have been obvious that this would be a shambles because there were such strong feelings on both sides. Nige said himself that if the result was 52/48 the other way he'd carry on fighting for a second referendum. It's a never ending load of sewage.

Our Parliament is sovereign. The Government is accountable to it. As I understand it a number of people voted leave to underline that point to the EU. Now people are saying parliament should not be sovereign. Go figure!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You were called the sick man of europe in 1973. You fully recuperated with the help if the EU. Now brexit has brought a disease to your democracy, and will make you again the sick woman of europe.
We'll take our chances. The Organisation that we were originally tricked into joining, is not the dictatorship it has turned out to be now.

Better to be a temporary sick man of Europe than a permanent slave.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top