Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:08 AM

Re: Scotlands Sabateurs Fail Miserably ..

Thank you.

Very true JBR. I would be very surprised if Boris were to ever put himself in the position where he would come up against Nigel. I believe he would go for somewhere towards end of November/beginning of December.

I did read that if he went for an election on his own he would end up with a majority of 28, but.... if he takes up Nigel's offer to do exactly what the LimpDems did with the other opposition parties with the last by-election, and use tactical voting throughout between the Tories and the Brexit Party, his overall majority would be 84/85! A clear cut win and Nigel entitled to a Peerage!!

Of course, this is on the proviso that the GE was not called until AFTER we leave the EU, not before. That could be trouble so I hope Boris is more sensible than that.

As for the apathy of disillusioned voters. Yes, there is a danger of that happening, that's why it is essential that Boris does not have a GE before 31st October. If he does, voters such as you say, will have not had any joy from when they last voted over 3 years ago, which would seem to be more like 300 years the way they have been betrayed.
However, if they see that Brexit has been delivered and democracy restored, it will give them the will to thank the man (or men) who made it happen, despite all the plots. subterfuge and treachery that has been happening.

Well, that's the way I see it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Thank you.

Very true JBR. I would be very surprised if Boris were to ever put himself in the position where he would come up against Nigel. I believe he would go for somewhere towards end of November/beginning of December.

I did read that if he went for an election on his own he would end up with a majority of 28, but.... if he takes up Nigel's offer to do exactly what the LimpDems did with the other opposition parties with the last by-election, and use tactical voting throughout between the Tories and the Brexit Party, his overall majority would be 84/85! A clear cut win and Nigel entitled to a Peerage!!

Of course, this is on the proviso that the GE was not called until AFTER we leave the EU, not before. That could be trouble so I hope Boris is more sensible than that.

As for the apathy of disillusioned voters. Yes, there is a danger of that happening, that's why it is essential that Boris does not have a GE before 31st October. If he does, voters such as you say, will have not had any joy from when they last voted over 3 years ago, which would seem to be more like 300 years the way they have been betrayed.
However, if they see that Brexit has been delivered and democracy restored, it will give them the will to thank the man (or men) who made it happen, despite all the plots. subterfuge and treachery that has been happening.

I hope so.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Thank you.

So true !

Boris doesn't need a GE to get brexit over the line. What he does need is support from his own party and for them to unite behind him. Phil Hammond is now questioning what we have in place to deal with a no deal Brexit so it seems the threats of terminating the careers of the saboteurs could be doing the trick.

Even if Boris only gets 50% of those who will vote against him to vote for him its game over for remain. Gauke too appears to be having second thoughts so hopefully their minions will follow their lead.

It's going to he close, the question is, how close ... I've said time and time again, a corbyn government is a bigger threat to our economy than a no deal Brexit so let's see how many sabaturs bluff can be called tomorrow.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Boris doesn't need a GE to get brexit over the line. What he does need is support from his own party and for them to unite behind him. Phil Hammond is now questioning what we have in place to deal with a no deal Brexit so it seems the threats of terminating the careers of the saboteurs could be doing the trick.

Even if Boris only gets 50% of those who will vote against him to vote for him its game over for remain. Gauke too appears to be having second thoughts so hopefully their minions will follow their lead.

It's going to he close, the question is, how close ... I've said time and time again, a corbyn government is a bigger threat to our economy than a no deal Brexit so let's see how many sabaturs bluff can be called tomorrow.
Good news.

That says a lot (the emboldened bit). It just goes to show how seriously the dishonest rebels feel about the situation. Hammond seems to be more concerned about his continuing position as an MP than whatever it is (money?) that is prompting him to go against democracy.

That's what they all need: a hard line from their leader. What a shame that Treason May couldn't do that but, of course, we all now know that she was an EU fifth-columnist.

Boris appears to be doing the right thing.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good news.

That says a lot (the emboldened bit). It just goes to show how seriously the dishonest rebels feel about the situation. Hammond seems to be more concerned about his continuing position as an MP than whatever it is (money?) that is prompting him to go against democracy.

That's what they all need: a hard line from their leader. What a shame that Treason May couldn't do that but, of course, we all now know that she was an EU fifth-columnist.

Just heard his speech and he didn't call a general election...

Let's hope he survives tomorrow...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good news.

God, show boris the light he is so looking for, and help him save the UK.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	763.jpeg.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	10609  
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Ha ha Brilliant.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Or.....

"I see no ships" (Actually I see no signal) As quoted by Horatio Lord Nelson when at the Battle of Copenhagen said he could not see the signal calling on him to end the action and retreat
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-09-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Or.....

"I see no ships" (Actually I see no signal) As quoted by Horatio Lord Nelson when at the Battle of Copenhagen said he could not see the signal calling on him to end the action and retreat

Ah, that's who we need in the present political climate: another Nelson.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 11:35 PM

***Please do not question the actions of Moderators on the forums.
Thank you

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top