Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 12:08 AM

Re: We now live in a hypocracy!!

I am hearing that 17 Labour MPs including ....
GloriaDePiero
Steven Kinnock
Caroline Flint
....plan to amend tomorrow's anti-No Deal bill to call for the latest version of the Theresa May deal to be put to parliament.

If the amendment passes I am guessing the May deal will get a better reception than last time .
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
GloriaDePiero
Steven Kinnock
Caroline Flint
....plan to amend tomorrow's anti-No Deal bill to call for the latest version of the Theresa May deal to be put to parliament.

If the amendment passes I am guessing the May deal will get a better reception than last time .
Certainly since it is the only deal on offer, asis becoming increasingly clear.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Although some would vote for the brexit party, many would not because they do not have any other policies (as far as I am aware). The danger is that it would fragment the vote and let Corbyn in.
What other policies matter untill brexit is resolved Annies!
We have to end this everlasting hysteria in parliament!
Boris never had much chance against the majority of this
HOC who are driven by fear or hate! You can choose who
is which?
Ayway he is still trying but l dont give him much chance
of prevailing? Imo he must talk to Nigel about the GE to
make brexit happen!

Rgards Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What other policies matter untill brexit is resolved Annies!
We have to end this everlasting hysteria in parliament!
Boris never had much chance against the majority of this
HOC who are driven by fear or hate! You can choose who
is which?
Ayway he is still trying but l dont give him much chance
of prevailing? Imo he must talk to Nigel about the GE to
make brexit happen!

Rgards Donkeyman!
Policies may not matter to some but they do to a lot of voters.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 09:35 AM

GloriaDePiero
Steven Kinnock
Caroline Flint

I'm reading that the HOL is being fired up to do the filibuster job.

i.e. use up all the allowed time by talking up new issues.

Bit like the role of Bercow, in some ways.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I'm reading that the HOL is being fired up to do the filibuster job.

i.e. use up all the allowed time by talking up new issues.

Bit like the role of Bercow, in some ways.
Ted I heard last night that instead of the usual debating in the Lords that is not time limited, restrictions are to be imposed to get the debate completed before prorogation commences on Monday (assuming a Judge allows it to go ahead) and this would prevent a filibuster. Apparently 87 wrecking amendments to the bill have been put down.

ETA
However there is now a counter move by pro Brexit Peers see below courtesy of Guido Fawkes ....

Guido can today reveal that pro-Governemnt forces in the House of Lords have a comprehensive, co-ordinated plan to prevent Hilary Benn’s anti-No Deal ‘Surrender Bill’ from becoming law, in the likely event it is passed in the Commons this evening.

The Shadow Leader of the Lords yesterday proposed a Business Motion to change the conventions of the House of Lords preventing the bill being talked out and forcing it to be taken on Thursday and Friday. The motion includes the imposition of mechanisms such as time limits, alien to House of Lords convention. Pro-Government peers, however, have tabled 86 amendments to the Business Motion, each of which require two votes to be heard and dismissed…

The pro-Government plan will see the very motion intended to ease the passage of the Benn Bill become the roadblock to it being passed. Senior Lords sources inform Guido that the time it will take the upper chamber to hear and vote on each amendment, as its rules compel it to do, would take up continuous 24/7 sitting until Saturday. Only after then could the Remainers’ anti-No Deal Bill be put. The Tories are determined to not see the Prime Minister’s hands bound in these negotiations. They have a real chance of talking the bill out in the Lords before the earliest opportunity to prorogue Parliament presents itself on Monday morning…
https://order-order.com/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 10:12 AM

Brexit is not going to happen is it!
The way I see it is this:-

The poor (working classes and other miscellaneous citizens) want to come out of the EU.....

The rich (Big business people and MP's who have large investments in Europe) want to stay in.....

Although the poor outnumber the rich ten to one, the rich oil the wheels of society and think that the poor don't know what they are talking about....(thicko's) so ignore any attempt by the poor to wressle control of the country away from them and the EU.

It reminds me of 'Cavaliers and Roundheads' or the 'Wars of the Roses' where we had splits in the country and civil war.

Should the will of the people not be honoured I can see major uprisings between 'Remainers' and 'Brexiteers' similar to the troubles in Ireland between 'Protestant' and 'Catholic'....

Whatever happens I think there is a whole load of trouble coming our way....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

04-09-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Old grey fox
Brexit is not going to happen is it!
Bob looking at the figures below it was always going to be an uphill struggle getting MPs to agree to a plan for our leaving the EU and to follow through on their promise to abide by the majority decision .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	69477706_761163314343999_5673433922915008512_n.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	10617  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

04-09-2019, 10:35 AM

These are the latest results from the electorial caculus...
https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

Isn't it strange how what we hear from many MPs and the media seems to differ from the will of the majority of people and that is to elect someone/anyone who will settle 3 years of uncertainty and carry out the wishes of the majority who voted in the referendum ...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	EDklw3lXYAgrm6L.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	10618  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 10:37 AM

Bob looking at the figures below it was always going to be an uphill struggle getting MPs to agree to a plan for our leaving the EU and to follow through on their promise to abide by the majority decision .
Thanks Meg, but there seem to be so many obstacles placed in the way of so called democracy. I believe the people with the money have the final say, and unfortunately there are too many members of parliament that have too much to lose should we come out of the EU. Especially with 'No Deal'..

If we don't come out and there is civil war between remainers and brexiteers I can see the EU sending their newly established army in to pacify us....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top