Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 09:13 AM

Re: Amber Rudd Quits

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I reckon it will be a BRINO
Cynical carreerist move by Amber Rudd. Actually helps BoJo with his shallow threat of no deal to EU making out that we are “preparing” for no deal. LOL.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I reckon it will be a BRINO
Not that l want one AnnieS, but l think they will try to
foist one on us just to give us the illusion of brexit?
So you are probably right as it seems par for the course!

Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The worrying thing is that Boris has split the Tory Party.

We could end up with the worst of all outcomes, Remaining and Corbyn.
That's what John O'Donnell seems to think too. He was very confident in his interview with Andrew Marr this morning whereas Sajid Javid did the usual politician's trait by avoiding all questions. Amber Rudd just sat there being stroppy as always going nowhere in what she said.
If O'Donnell was running the Labour Party instead of Corbyn they would definitely get in.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 11:04 AM

Rudd will be no loss, unity and loyalty are what is require in a cabinet not dissent.

It is becoming clear Johnson is playing the long game, he is many moves ahead of most of us and for his plan to work he needs strong people around him. I will watch with interest and wish him luck.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's what John O'Donnell seems to think too. He was very confident in his interview with Andrew Marr this morning whereas Sajid Javid did the usual politician's trait by avoiding all questions. Amber Rudd just sat there being stroppy as always going nowhere in what she said.
If O'Donnell was running the Labour Party instead of Corbyn they would definitely get in.
I never thought of that Floydy?
Do you think it could happen though? But the way things are
at the moment anything can happen?

Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I never thought of that Floydy?
Do you think it could happen though? But the way things are
at the moment anything can happen?

Regards Donkeyman!
No because Corbyn won't step down and O'Donnell is too loyal towards him.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

08-09-2019, 11:47 AM

No because Corbyn won't step down and O'Donnell is too loyal towards him.
No hope for labour then eh?
Thats good news at the moment!!

Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-09-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
No hope for labour then eh?
Thats good news at the moment!!

Donkeyman!
Yes it's sad, Donkeyman. As a working class man from the north of England I think I'm typical of the confusion we face up here. People who have voted for Labour all their lives because of the 'old ideal' that the word 'Labour' means 'Work' isn't the case anymore (and hasn't been since Tony Bliar took over), we cannot vote for them in the present climate.
True, Corbyn is 'old school' but he is too old school, stuck in the dark ages and nobody wants that desperate situation again.
So the previously loyal Labour voters here either (a) don't vote at all, (b) vote Lib Dem or Brexit or (c) are so stuck in their ways that they vote Labour anyway - but those are usually the ones who don't read the papers or watch the news, i.e. the ignorant ones who blindly go through life expecting whoever is in charge to "look after them".
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 12:34 PM

Yes it's sad, Donkeyman. As a working class man from the north of England I think I'm typical of the confusion we face up here. People who have voted for Labour all their lives because of the 'old ideal' that the word 'Labour' means 'Work' isn't the case anymore (and hasn't been since Tony Bliar took over), we cannot vote for them in the present climate.
True, Corbyn is 'old school' but he is too old school, stuck in the dark ages and nobody wants that desperate situation again.
So the previously loyal Labour voters here either (a) don't vote at all, (b) vote Lib Dem or Brexit or (c) are so stuck in their ways that they vote Labour anyway - but those are usually the ones who don't read the papers or watch the news, i.e. the ignorant ones who blindly go through life expecting whoever is in charge to "look after them".

I also think in a general election labour supporters will just not vote at all.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Rudd will be no loss, unity and loyalty are what is require in a cabinet not dissent.

It is becoming clear Johnson is playing the long game, he is many moves ahead of most of us and for his plan to work he needs strong people around him. I will watch with interest and wish him luck.
Me too .....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top